All reviews lock up garage sea view st clair modern furnishings within metres small balcony separate bedroom restaurants and cafes place to stay stayed longer stayed two nights a great stay central city bed was comfortable otago peninsula wayne surfers
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Loved staying here with the ocean view from our balcony and watching the surfers while enjoying a wine. Modern, stylish accommodation, very comfortable and spacious. Lockable garage for my car was a bonus. Restaurants and cafes are only two minute walk away and it is only a 5 minute drive from central city. Certainly on my next visit to Dunedin I will be booking this place for my stay!

Room tip: Ask for the front ocean view units!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

My first time staying in Dunedin and I’ve been spoiled! Met with Wayne who gave us our keys, and also offered us milk for our coffee/tea in the morning. Absolutely friendly! A car spot right under our room. The views are spectacular! The room is very spacious, and can I just say the heated tile floors were divine! Nothing like a morning walk on the beach to come back and get those cold feet on warm tile! Also! Electric blanket!
When I return to Dunedin I’m sure this is the only place I’ll be staying.
P.S. there’s a Spa! So toasty!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We stayed two nights at the easy to find, yellow painted Esplanade motel which is right on the sea front at St Clair, a quiet seaside suburb of Dunedin. It was easy to find and is about a ten minute drive from the city itself - but conveniently, you can drive onto the Otago peninsula from St Clair without having to go back through the city. The motel is 100 yards away from the heated salt water swimming pool (open 7 am to 7 pm) and a few yards away from a few small restaurants. There is a convenience store some distance away - so best to buy any things you need before you arrive. The motel has modern refurbished rooms that look right out onto the sea with great views of surfers riding the dramatic waves. To the left of the hotel is a wide sandy beach that is a bit less full of breakers crashing and ideal for swimming.
We were warmly greeted on arrival and given our own free garage to park the car - right below the hotel.
Our room was large with a separate bedroom with a large double bed that was very comfortable. There was a good bathroom with a shower, hair drier and anything else you would need. The main room had a third bed and a dining room table for eating. There was also a small balcony where we ate our breakfasts. The room was large had a big flat screen TV, good internet connectivity by wi-fi and a two hotplate hob and microwave oven - but no grill or conventional oven. there was a full set of crockery and cutlery.
We loved this place and really enjoyed our stay there. I'd recommend it unreservedly.
We paid 440 NZD for two nights.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this place! Probably the best place we stayed in for our whole honeymoon South Island trip.

Outstanding apartments literally right on the beach so a beer from the speights brewery in the evening while sitting out on the deck watching the surfers was just brilliant. Great to have a small lounge and mini kitchen as well

Both upon entry and departure the owners were incredibly helpful and very personable. Very much contributed to an amazing honeymoon.

Thanks so much and will recommend to anybody coming to Dunedin!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Road work around the hotel, so be caution.

Property is located just next to the sea, but no sea view from my unit.

Staff was very friendly and had a good chat with him (think his name is Wayne).

Property is clean and well maintain, unit come with kitchen and a big living room.

DIY laundry is available and the amount to pay for is cheap.

Date of stay: December 2017