Review Highlights

from US$139.75
from US$85.67
from US$122.89
More Info
All reviews dry fly fly fishing brown trout great company mataura river fishing guide south island experienced angler his knowledge new zealand an excellent guide a lot of fun great trip casey casting beginners teacher
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

What an absolutely incredible experience fly fishing in New Zealand thanks to Casey. As a novice fly fisher, my expectations of myself were quite low. Fortunately, I had the most patient guide and best teacher in Casey. The instruction he gave me improved my casting in just two short days. He coached me perfectly while catching a fish that I would have otherwise lost. He was almost as excited as I was when I landed a fish.

Conditions in October were not the most ideal, but that didn’t stop Casey from finding beautiful Browns in clear water surrounded by the most stunning scenery. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Not only is Casey an outstanding guide and instructor, he is also such wonderful company, he shared so many great stories and personal experiences guiding. It is quite clear how passionate he is about guiding and giving his clients the most memorable fly fishing adventure possible. I was so fortunate to be one of those clients to soak up his instruction, knowledge, and insight.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Fishing with Casey was a pleasure. His attention to detail, knowledge of the area and specfic streams and rivers, extensive fly and rod collection were all part of a trip that was beyond my expectations. From the pickup at my hotel in Dunedin on the first day to the drop off after the second day the trip was throughly enjoyable, which included 2 browns 25 and 23 inches. This was my second go with Casey 2013 and 2018 and certainly not my last. My only regret, if this is one, is not getting a picture of Casey and myself before I left. I'll get one next time Mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Mike
Eugene, Oregon
USA

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Casey took my hubby and son for their first fly fishing experience, and I am so glad to see they have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thanks for knowing all the best places to visit, and being patient with their beginner status.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Casey was great and very fun to fish with. He knows his craft and how to fish. I highly recommend him to anyone thinking of a fishing trip to the south Island.

Date of experience: February 2018
CaseyCravens, Owner at Wild Angler - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thanks heaps, Steve.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I've used guides in many different countries and Casey stands out for his knowledge of the local area, his passion for the fishery and it's future and how hard he works to put you onto good fishing and make the day enjoyable.
Thanks for a great day Casey and see you next time were back in NZ.
Lachlan and Tom

Date of experience: January 2018
CaseyCravens, Owner at Wild Angler - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thanks, Lachlan, for the positive comments and our time on the water. Every year I take out a bunch of people, almost of them good folks, but a handful of clients really stand out as people I connect with and look forward to seeing again. You and Tom fall into that category. Keen, positive, and on the same wavelength. I look forward to seeing you guys again, hopefully soon. Cheers,