“Very good lunch”

Ironic Cafe and Bar
Ranked #3 of 410 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: **WINNER NZ CAFE OF THE YEAR 2014/2015** OUR FOOD IS FRESH, MODERN AND INNOVATIVE. We source most of our ingredients locally and also use our neighbours at the Otago Farmers Market, Evansdale Cheese, Cairnmuir Central Otago olive oil & fresh fruit & vegetables throughout our changing seasons.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We had very nice dinner at the iconic cafe & bar during our stay in Dunedin. My wife and me both had pasta with a very tasty braiser lamb sauce. The ginger lemon honey tea they offer was excellent as well. Service was very friendly and helpful. Overall we can totally recommend this place!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

On a lovely sunny Sunday morning I headed here to have breakfast after a recommendation from a friend. There was plenty of seating options even though there were several reserved signs out already. The service was friendly and prompt. I did have to ask for a menu, however the waiter then suggested his favourites from the menu which I thought was a nice touch. My order came promptly even though I made alterations from the standard order on the menu. The presentation of the food was great. I didn’t feel the cost was anything more than I would have paid at my hotel or anything where else in the city centre. I loved that this place was open from 8am as I wanted to get out and explore and not waste my day waiting for a cafe to open so I could eat.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The food here is average and not worth the $30-$40 price tag. Entrees were nice but both mains were bland. The venison was over cooked and the lamb (which I’m certain was either hogget or mutton) was under seasoned and fatty. The jus on both meals was weak and had spots of fat floating through it. The constant signs asking to leave trip advisor reviews also takes away from the experience. There are signs everywhere; the table, menu, bathrooms, at the bar. Maybe focus on your food and the reviews will take care of themselves.

3  Thank 324coffeeman
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Had the "station master" big breakfast and eggs benny with bacon. We cleaned both plates, delicious.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Chicken parcel was delicious and came served on a lovely bed of salad. The orange cake however was delivered on a plate just on its own, perhaps a dollop of cream or yoghurt on the side would have finished this off nicely. My coffee however was late as the waitress couldnt find the correct table number. However a nice relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff