All reviews room was clean would stay again bit dated restaurant staff steep hill walking distance buffet breakfast an upgrade hotel room stayed one night pleasant stay centre of town three nights railway station octagon balcony channels
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of years ago and enjoyed it but this time i was even more i pressed.
Location is great, only a short (3 minutes) downhill stroll to the cbd. Great views from most, if not all rooms. Very nice room. Sky TV with all the channels. Comfy beds. Best of all is a very reasonable price. Room was very clean. Daily servicing.
Only thing that they could improve on is that some of the front desk staff are a little unprofessional.
I would defiantly stay here again and would suggest you won't find better value accommodation in Dunedin!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Tracy K, Assistant Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi Ant,

Thanks very much for taking the time to pass on your feedback to us regarding your stay at the Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this time a lot more than you did in the past. We have been recently working really hard to make quite a few improvements throughout the whole Hotel, so it is nice to see this has been beneficial to our guests.

I thank you very much for passing on the feedback about the Front Office team, I have passed this review on to them and I will speak about this at our Front Office meeting also.

Thanks again for your kind comments and feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Dunedin.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 7 August 2018

No problems Great Location Service good. Prices great for friend & family. Buffet breakfast has a good selection. Some problems connecting to internet. Room size adequate for our purposes & location central to all our activities.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Tracy K, Assistant Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your excellent feedback about your stay with us at the Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin. We are very lucky to have such an excellent location and a wonderful team of friendly staff. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast selection as we have been making improvements in this area recently, so it is great to get some positive feedback about this. I apologise for the problems connecting to the internet, I hope that our lovely reception staff helped you get to the bottom of this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This is good accommodation for a short business trip. Overall the decor seems a bit dated and the building is d and needs so repairs and maintenance done. The main room had textured ceilings and you can't but help to wonder if the ceilings could contain asbestos? I gave a request into reception to fix the toilet as it would only flush haphazardiously but this was not seen too. Daylight robbery with charging $4.00 for a single kit kat chocolate bar.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Tracy K, Assistant Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. I do apologise that you found our décor dated in the Hotel, this is something that we are looking into and hope to have a solution to this in the near future. In regards to the ceilings, I can confirm that we do have a current Building Warrant of Fitness deeming our building safe for guests to stay in. I do apologise for your request regarding your toilet not being actioned, I will personally look into the reasoning behind this and speak with the staff involved.

Thank you again for your feedback, we really appreciate your comments

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel was ok, we just needed something open late as our flight arrived at midnight. The bed was very soft and the heater was noisy.

The location is quite good, only a short stroll to the Octogon. There isn’t much on-site parking, but we found a spot on the street and left early the next day

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Tracy K, Assistant Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Hi there,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you found our 24 hour reception helpful when you needed to check in late, and that you enjoyed our excellent inner-city location. Unfortunately because we are so centrally located, we do have limited on-site car parking. I apologise for the noise of the heater, I will get maintenance to look into this and get it fixed.

Thanks very much

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Very disappointed with this hotel. Had booked for 3 adults but room was only made up for 2. Had to wait for extra bed to be put in as well as extra cups etc.. After a long day of traveling this was very upsetting as we just wanted to have dinner and rest.
Stay in other hotels were better value for money. This was very expensive in comparison.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Tracy K, Assistant Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi there,

I sincerely apologise for the issue that you encountered on check in. I will personally address this with my Front Office team and make improvements to our systems to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. Thank you for passing on this feedback, I really appreciate you letting us know.

Kind Regards,