“Very Poor Service”

Salt
Ranked #46 of 402 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: SALT Bar and Restaurant Café by day - Bar and Restaurant by night. Outdoor seating to soak up the sunshine or cosy fire-side dining on cold winter nights. With an ethos centered around great food, friendly service and a fun environment Salt is the perfect place for a gathering of friends and family Open Monday-Friday for lunch and dinner and Saturday-Sunday for brunch and dinner.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We called in for Brunch yesterday Saturday 18th August (4 adults), our order was taken quite quickly. 40 mins later no sign of the food although other diners who came in after us were being served theirs. We asked a waiter and he said he would go and check, said ours would be next 3 to 4 minutes away, 15 minutes later still no food, we asked another waitress she came back saying it'll be 5 minutes, I said I think our order was forgotten and she just grinned and said oh that wouldn't happen, at this point one hour later we decided to just leave because how could we trust it to be 5 mins, the waitress was very rude indeed, no apology was offered at any time and the first waitress who took the order never once looked at our table, even though she walked past several times. It's a shame really because the food that did come out to the other diners looked really good and we were looking forward to it, just a pity you've got staff that probably don't want to be there and are just rude to customers. We were only visiting Dunedin for the day and had lots to do, so just wasted an hour of time. Very poor service.

1  Thank lynndavis4

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Went on a week night and it was nice and quiet. Had the lamb shanks, which were great and came with a delicious mash. Our toddler got a kids meal and I was pleasantly surprised to find salad was delivered with it. Great atmosphere, who can pass up a fireplace in winter?

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Went to Salt for lunch today and was suitably impressed. I had a beef burger and husband had portobello mushrooms. Both meals were delicious and arrived in a reasonable timeframe. It was really nice to sit outside (yes in August!) and watch the cars and people go by. Have been to Starfish (next door) twice this past week and encountered abismal Service both times, my advice is to head straight to Salt instead!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to our meal at Salt. I was having difficulty deciding what to have and asked if the pork belly was crispy. I was assured it was and the waitress recommended it. It was not crispy, it was also not tender. The Brussel sprouts were very good and the pumpkin mash was tasty but only luke warm. I did not finish my meal. My husband enjoyed his burger and the service was good, other than the poor advice. Not sure we will return in a hurry.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Went for a late weekend lunch. Had blue cod served with chips and salad. Very small fish portion which was over cooked, fries undercooked and unsalted with a side salad that left a puddle of oil on the plate. Husband had salt and pepper squid which he enjoyed.