“Good value evening meal”

The Baaa Sports Bar and Cafe
Ranked #123 of 410 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We very much enjoyed our roast (pork) meal of the day for dinner. Large servings and good value.
Pleasant and helpful staff.
In the student accommodation area of North Dunedin and walkable distance from all of the motels also in that part of town.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 16 March 2018

It was our first time in dunedin had a lovely night out and headed to the baa after it being recommended to us by some good friends as an experience.. but boy were they wrong. We were singing along celebrating a friends birthday until about 30 minutes in when we got kicked out because my completely sober self was 'too drunk' to be in there?! i was sober driving everyone this night so i know for a fact i had no alcohol in me at all, yet this sour bartender stood over top of me completely certain i was well over the limit demanded we left immediately, and refused to hear any of us speak. Safe to say me or any of my friends will not be returning due to incredibly rude and vile customer service portrayed by the female bartender on Thursday night. She made it fairly obvious she did not want to be there with the attitude she portrayed this night to not just us but others as well. so i suggest if you are looking to have a fun night with friends or anything, as tempting as it sounds this bar is not the place to go! i mean unless you are wanting an early night in that is. I feel so disappointed as we were told such great things about this place, and the food, however after this one thing it has ruined our entire perception on the baa bar and our desire to return.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Enjoyed a good few cold beers here, nice local bar, I didn't eat here, but did enjoy some good service from the friendly staff. I would and will go back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We had dinner here wile travelling through Dunedin. The food was good, service was fine. Would imagine it might get a bit rowdy later in the evening, but it was fine while we were in there.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We have been to the Baaa Sports Bar and Cafe several times for a meal. The service is great and the staff are so friendly, special mention of Eilish who is always smiling and so obliging. My favourite meal is the ribeye steak with pepper sauce. Have to go along way to beat this, cooked exactly how you request ( thanks chef). Can be a bit noisy with the students but hey it is a bar and that's part of the atmosphere. Looking forward to our next visit to Dunedin - keep up the great work folk - Big thanks

Date of visit: September 2017