“Unhappy customer”

Ranked #25 of 387 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Scotia Restaurant provides a premium dining experience, Our cuisine is Traditional Scottish meets New Zealand Fusion, Come in and enjoy some true southern hospitality & Peruse our single Malt collection
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Food took ages. Wine requested was not available. Leek and potato soup was a gluggy white sauce. Lamb ok but lots of rocket, and i mean lots. Ran out of roast veggies and we were the only ones there.!!!Veggies came out halfway through meal but they were nice. Didnt risk dessert. Please up your game as I will not be hurrying back. Have had lovely meals here in the past. Shame.....

Reviewed 7 March 2018

An old house in Dunedin housing a fine restaurant. We only manges starters and mains, as the quantity of food was generous and well cooked. A definate scottish flavour to the menu. Haggis fine as was the beef. Ale was up to standard and the service was good. Definately the best meal that we had in Dunedin.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is one of my favourite spots to meet up with friends over a nice glass of whisky or wine. The staff are knowledgeable and the atmosphere cosy and relaxed.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We haven't eaten here for a while but when we have it was always great no complaints about the food what so ever, now though..... Not great, meals took a long time to come out, we ordered the comfit duck, if it wasn't written in the menu I couldn't of told you what kind of bird it was, very dry ,tough, chewy, inedible, if we weren't pushed for time it would of been sent straight back to the kitchen!! But we had to make it to the movies, so even after saying how bad it was they took the price of two drinks off the Bill, but sorry guys if I had my way I wouldn't of payed for it at all, the only reason you are getting 1 star is because the waitress we had was nice, apart from that wouldn't recommend this place any more ☹️

1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 19 December 2017

After reading some good reviews of this establishment we had high expectations.Early on a Saturday night we were surprised to be told that there was no Fish, there were Roast potatoes but no roast vegetables, Soup was extremely peppery, yet the Pate and the Haggis entrees were under seasoned. I had a nice piece of lamb which was cooked as it should be . It was supposed to be served on a bed of rocket, but I have never seen so much rocket on one plate.
The two girls that waited on us appeared nervous and tentative making interaction uncomfortable.
I enjoyed a local Pale Ale but it was hard to get a second one as servers just vanished.
We enjoy a nice desert but did not bother on this occasion.

2  Thank George C