“A real dissapointment”

Scotia Restaurant & Whisky Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Scotia Restaurant provides a premium dining experience, Our cuisine is Traditional Scottish meets New Zealand Fusion, Come in and enjoy some true southern hospitality & Peruse our single Malt collection
Reviewed 19 December 2017

After reading some good reviews of this establishment we had high expectations.Early on a Saturday night we were surprised to be told that there was no Fish, there were Roast potatoes but no roast vegetables, Soup was extremely peppery, yet the Pate and the Haggis entrees were under seasoned. I had a nice piece of lamb which was cooked as it should be . It was supposed to be served on a bed of rocket, but I have never seen so much rocket on one plate.
The two girls that waited on us appeared nervous and tentative making interaction uncomfortable.
I enjoyed a local Pale Ale but it was hard to get a second one as servers just vanished.
We enjoy a nice desert but did not bother on this occasion.

3  Thank George C

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Great service - unobstructive and attentive. great food - I had the haggis entrée...a 1st! I didn't see the wine list but the Central Otago Pinot Grigio we had was lovely. Stayed away from the Whisky Bar but I hgear it is great!

2  Thank LizNZ2014
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Scotia is a long standing restaurant of great reputation in Dunedin featuring not only great food and service but an incredible inventory of scotch whiskey - over 200 varieties!
My wife and I found the service great and very accommodation, the restaurant was quiet, clean and very comfortable and warm on a dank evening - not to mention the food which was top drawer.

2  Thank daveO7659XN
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Taken there for my birthday as it purports to have a Scottish influence. Not really! The food was average and expensive. The service was so so. I would be happier if the total cost was around 30% cheaper. That would better reflect the quality of both the food, service and surroundings. will not be returning.

2  Thank Iain M
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Average food with poor service in this restaurant Food was limited as several items were not available as they had run out. Best experience was the bar upstairs Guy was really friendly