Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$227
Expedia.comUS$271
PricelineUS$262
eDreamsUS$302
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

The accommodation is lovely, stained glass windows, spacious interior with everything we needed as 3 sisters staying the night together.
However, we didn’t feel safe with an open front door that wasn’t able to be closed overnight, & very poor lighting in the hallway. Although our door to apartment locked it was only push button with no chain and with access from the street felt unsafe. I rang the manager because I thought the door may have been recently broken, he was very rude and condescending telling me ‘bad luck love’ when I said it made us feel unsafe.
I wouldn’t stay here again or recommend for this reason. New management needed!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

Like a the previous review, The Chapel promised so much but didn’t not deliver. Great location and it was much quieter than we expected In spite of it being a rugby weekend. We were in downstairs 3 bed Apt, and it was very tired and needs too many repairs to list. It’s just changed hands so I would be hoping for a renovation of this unit, or a big drop in the price.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

Promised much; quirky, newly updated and comfortable. It was like much of what we found in Dunedin - tired, dark, dated and unloved. Could have been great, but it wasn’t. Central - yes. Parking - yes as long as you’re a really skinny person. Noisy - absolutely. Still looking for better

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2020

Fabulous apartments 3 mins walk to The Octagon and in a quiet street. We stayed in the 2 bedroom, 2 storied apt and it was beautiful. Gorgeous large bathrooms, modern decor and fully equipped with absolutely everything you could need. Very comfortable beds, spotlessly clean.
It was very quiet except a rubbish truck emptied some bins around 6 am.
The architect did a top notch job of keeping and incorporating elements of the original church and creating great accommodation.
We got an allocated car park with our apt but I dont think it would be hard to get street parking close by

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank christine c
Reviewed 31 December 2019

We stayed in Room 5. The location is excellent and although parking wasn't included, we did not have any difficulties finding a place to park around the corner. This repurposed church offers a unique place to stay when in Dunedin.

The bedrooms are a decent size. However, there were issues with the two bathrooms, specifically the showers. One shower was a full-body shower which would have been excellent if the shower pressure had been sufficient to make it work. It wasn't clear how to even turn the shower on and I needed to ask a member of staff to show me. To be fair, she was exceptionally friendly and helpful and I certainly cannot find fault with customer service!

The bedrooms (and bathrooms) are downstairs. Upstairs is the lounge and the kitchen/dining area. Both are spacious and are decorated well. However, the design of the kitchen leaves something to be desired. The microwave is above the fridge and is far too high for anyone under 6 feet tall to use effectively.

Similarly, the washer and dryer need to be updated. The washer is squeaky and very noisy. The dryer sits above the washer and, like the microwave, is far too high to be used effectively. This ridiculous height must have been noticed when the kitchen/utility area was being fitted because the dryer is upside down in order for the dial to be even remotely reachable. The dryer didn't work.

Considering these issues, I do think this accommodation is a bit overpriced.

Overall, I *would* recommend staying here because it is quite unique but the functionality of the kitchen is something to consider, particularly if you are under 6 feet tall. I don't know if the other apartments are similar but I would imagine they are.

Date of stay: December 2019