“Brilliant cafe. Always good every time. ”
Review of The Good Oil Cafe

The Good Oil Cafe
Ranked #1 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Dunedin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Coffee. Breakfast. Always excellent service and food. Great location and food quality always brilliant. Recommend to business and families alike.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Across the road from my hotel. Great coffee and scrambled eggs with prompt service with an upmarket ambience tho reasonably priced - highly recommend

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Excellent service.
Fresh juice, coffee and delicious club sandwiches.
Service was fast and good coffee. Cabinet food look great and it was busy.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I came here with my partner for lunch/brunch with really high hopes. The coffee was really good, but when my avocado ‘smash’ came out, it was so disappointing. The avocado was like a paste on a couple of small pieces of whole grain toast, and the egg was over cooked. The feta was plopped in odd circles around the toast as well. It felt very uninspired, and was really unattractive so I paid for a new meal as I simply couldn’t eat it, and was too embarrassed to say so. The next meal claimed to be served on English muffins, but what came out were flat, solid biscuit-like things. I paid for two meals and was disappointed both times. Sorry Good Oil, but I’ll only come back for your coffee next time. :(

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Whilst visiting Dunedin from the cruise ship for a day we came across The Good Oil. Impressive quick service. My husband enjoyed his cappuccino & I had the BEST iced chocolate ever.