Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$136
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

We stayed here while on a South Island biking trip. It was totally contactless. Contact and payment by phone and online payment. It was the best price of all our South Island accomodation, it was at the end of a cul de sac , private, modern, clean and a veranda which allowed us to park bikes undercover. Would be stay here again. You bet.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2021

There were lots of great things about this place, and at the same time it's the strangest place I have stayed in!

First the great things - immaculate, amazing bed and super amazing shower. Large room, All of that was perfect.

Then the not so great - nothing in the room to read about where to go for food, whether any place might deliver, wanted to order breakfast and it didn't seem to be an option. Ended up googling, then not finding the place I was looking for in Mosgiel (maybe it's shut down? It was all dark) so was happy to find Countdown and a soup for dinner with some food for breakfast.

Then the terrible - they say they are contactless, which is all fine in this new world. I didn't know this before I came.

As a result I didn't see a soul and as a traveller from out of town who was on her own I felt a little unsafe at having no contact with anyone (even at a distance would have been OK!). It felt a bit post-apocalyptic.

I was wondering if they are scared to see people! This is New Zealand and there is no COVID in the community, so it seemed a bit over the top.

I had trouble locking the door (it's a European lock and the instructions weren't enough for me), so went looking for help. Rang the door bell. No reply (there was a car outside and the lights were on). Then saw a notice saying I should phone. Did that and the recorded message said no one was available to talk to me Then got a text saying "Please text me", did that saying I can't lock the door. No reply. I texted again asking if someone could please help me. Then I got a text back with better instructions which worked. That was the sum contact I had.

If I had a serious problem would anyone have helped me? I didn't feel safe, as it felt like there was no one who would help out at all. In this regard I found the place quite unwelcoming.

If they had reading material in the room with helpful info and including some warm and welcoming words, and so I could know that someone was there and actually cared, it would have helped a lot. I would have been quite happy not to see anyone, but to know they were there in the event of an emergency.

So the summary - this was the most comfortable place I have stayed in for a long time. But as a single female traveller who needed some help with the room and a pointer as to where to get food on a winters night, I didn't feel safe.

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2019

We usually stay in mosgil , but our usual spot fully booked , found this gem and I mean a gem , ultra clean , the rain shower is the dogs Do das , this has to be the best place we have found so far and we have found a few . Highly recommend if you want to spoil a loved one

Room tip: Any room is good.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 13 April 2019

Good clean room ,small kitchenette,good clean bathroom comfortable clean bed .If you don't want to stay in town this place would be ideal,it's at the back of a big house with ample parking .We arrived early,our room was ready with our name on door .The only negative thing I would say was we needed some information about restaurants or take always in the area ended up googling to find countdown store about 10 min away for frozen dinner first night .

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoanneQ163
Reviewed 18 March 2019 via mobile

I was extremely impressed with our apartment. It was stylish, new, very clean and extremely comfortable. The host was very friendly and helpful. The property is extremely well kept and there was zero traffic noise which made our stay very peaceful and restful.

Date of stay: March 2019