Lowest prices for your stay
$260
Fully refundable before Thu, 14 Mar
Priceline
$265
Fully refundable before Fri, 15 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews spacious one bedroom apartment at short notice beds were comfortable spa bath couple of nights central dunedin motel accommodation toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2023

Owner cancelled booking with a "false" excuse, which was disproved by my bank and the accommodation booking service. I can only speculate that he was able to get more $$$ from someone else as Dunedin was booked out due to a concert. Not a "business practice" that I will support and will always look elsewhere.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2023

Very clean. Sofa bed was not useable very disappointing. Toilet dripped all night. Lounge suite well past its use by date. Great quiet location and easy to find. Great wifi connection. Beds very comfortable

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2023

I stayed here on and off for a total of about three to four weeks in March, April and May 2022 while the bathroom at my house was renovated. The renovations were delayed by months as a result of trades persons getting COVID-19 and sub-contractors making errors with supply orders. As a result I ended up staying at Allan Court for much longer than expected.

This is an excellent motel. I had two rooms for my various bookings, both spacious one bedroom apartments. They varied in terms of fittings and fixtures. One had a large kitchen, the other a tiny one, one had a spa bath (jacuzzi) and another just a shower, one had been refurbished while the other would have benefited from a fresh coat of paint and new carpet. However, both were comfortable, warm and inviting. As the motel is close to my office at work I even had friends over for afternoon tea. I was fortunate to be able to make reservations at short notice as Allan's Court is often booked out. The owners were always friendly and accomodating though, and because I was such a frequent guest over these months always managed to find a room for me, usually my favourite spa suite (deluxe unit).

The beds were comfortable, although they tended to have heavy blankets rather than fluffy duvets (I prefer the latter). As a result I found it difficult to regulate my nighttime temperature while sleeping and often woke up too cold or too hot, especially as autumn progressed into cooler nights and I needed to use the heater. But this would be a minor issue for just a couple of nights, and most people wouldn't notice it as the mattresses and linen were excellent.

I recommend the spa suite, called the deluxe unit. There might be more than one available. It includes a huge two person spa bath (jacuzzi), almost as large as a spa pool. It was totally luxurious and made me somewhat regretful that I didn't include one in my bathroom renovations at home. The spa suite is also more refurnished than some of the other rooms. The one I had is a spacious one bedroom apartment, with a completely separate bedroom and open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area (not a single room studio), the size of a spacious apartment in many major cities.

Allan Court Motel is good value quality accomodation in central Dunedin, perfect for either a short or long term stay. I highly recommend it.

Room tip: Get a deluxe unit if you enjoy having a spa bath (jacuzzi).
Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2023

Very happy with the location. Our room was comfortable and had everything we needed.
It was clean and tidy except for paint flaking from the ceiling over the shower.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

We had a booking in June and it was cancelled as the manager said we were a group booking and didn’t want our custom as we would bring covid with us!!! I explained that we were not a group booking and we’re just visiting Dunedin for a event. He said he didn’t want our business and had to cancel.
Be warned with this motel that he could cancel your booking at any time. Certainly not good for business.

Date of stay: April 2022