Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
150Susan
Rodeo, California

Comfortable & great location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Jan 2023
Stayed one week in a unit with a kitchenette. Not fancy but clean & comfortable. The motel is within walking distance to most sites. On site laundry $6 (NZ) to wash & dry a load. The city bus is also a good resource & costs $1.50 (NZ) per ride, regardless where you go. Kitchen stocked with most frequently needed cookware, nice stove & midsized frig. Two large grocery stores a few blocks away. The location felt safe & there was no road noise. The on-site owners were friendly & helpful. I didn’t rent a car but there seemed ample parking. If you have multiple tech items that need simultaneous charging, you may want a power strip. There are ample plug-in power outlets but no USB ports. If I return to Dunedin, I’d be happy to stay here again.
Date of stay: January 2023
Room Tip: Stairs are easy on knees. Ramps in place for easy suitcase pulling. I stayed on 1st floor. There...
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • ZenHotels.com
    $190
1.7 km from George Street Motel Apartments
View more hotels in Dunedin
All reviews george street central heating great location nice shower two single beds beds were comfortable within walking distance plunger coffee the kitchen ample parking otago university top floor stay there again road noise car park a great place to stay bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2023

While not an overtly extravagant motel, the George Street Motel Apartments is decent enough for what it is. In fact, it surprised me with what it had to offer. Our family of four easily fitted into a standard room (a large bed in the bedroom for us parents, and two single beds in the lounge for the kids). The lounge had a large TV, and the bedroom had a second TV. It was clean, tidy, and warm. And, the plunger coffee was great!

We stayed in the height of summer, so cooling was a little bit of an issue, but the sleep was still comfortable. The room has many types of heating (including central heating) but it didn't seem to offer the same facilities for cooling. I'd be interested to see what the room is like in winter, as the large window appeared to be single glazing, and the doorframe seemed to leak in outside air. In Dunedin, temperature is everything.

Parking was fine (we were right down the back, away from the street side, so I felt our car was safe). We were staying on the top floor, so it was a little bit of a sport to get all our luggage up and down the stairs. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. All in all, the accommodation turned out better than what I was expecting, and I'd happily stay there again.

Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 3 June 2022 via mobile

I brought my daughter to Dunedin to have a look around Otago University and we based ourselves sr George St Motel Apartments. It was the perfect location as we never had too far to walk and we always had a car park there. The room we had was big enough for both of us, had everything we needed and the beds were comfortable. The team is great and I thoroughly recommend you check them out.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2022

I have stayed here three times now while visiting my student daughter at Otago Uni. The motel is very convenient to the university and to the student accommodation around the uni. Every time has been excellent. Very clean with lots of extra touches. I stayed in the studio apartment which is fully furnished with a fully functional kitchen. It's great having a living space so you're not sitting on your bed all the time. The owner even defrosted my very frosted up car when I visited during winter last year. I think this place is great value for your money. Very comfortable and convenient

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 7 February 2022

This is definitely a budget level motel.

While It has been modernised the bedding looks tired and the bed in the lounge with the dark decor and dark red covers looked very old fashioned. Both beds had obviously been sat on with crumples and dents in them. That made me check the linen which seemed to be ok but this should be checked before folk arrive.
A nice shower but very narrow space.

The kitchen and bathroom are modern and very functional. The woodwork around doors etc could do with a clean though.

The young staff member in the office was lovely, - friendly and polite.

Room tip: Ask for a ground floor room as the stairs are steep and old and not very clean.
Date of stay: February 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2021

I have stayed here many times prior to this visit, as it is a very handy location and friendly staff. This visit I discovered a bed for my daughter had clearly already been slept in with a large number of hairs all through it, marks all on the sheets, the clear body imprints that you don't get from nice fresh sheets, and just plain dirty looking sheets. Unfortunately I only discovered this after 10pm.

The following morning I informed the guy who I checked in with the day before. He had a look and agreed that someone had clearly slept in the bed and apologised.

I was however concerned with the response of 'We only make the beds up that we think were slept in. So if it was two people in here prior we would expect they would have only used the bed in the bedroom and not checked the one in the lounge. People can remake the beds and if they look made up when don't change or check them. I'm sorry.'

I don't expect to pay for a room to discover that part of it has been used, especially during these current times. Very disappointed and was made to feel that it was not a big deal anyway. Kinda ruined our trip. Will not be back.

Date of stay: October 2021