Quest Dunedin(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$318
US$297
  • Restaurant
Pacific Park Suites(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$318
US$282
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
The Victoria Hotel Dunedin(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Alexis Motor Lodge(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$86
Priceline
Dunedin Palms Motel(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$105
US$139
US$134
Larnach Castle Lodge(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$118
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

All reviewsfresh fruit saladother guestsnew zealandensuite roomcity centrewould stay againcomfortable bedfree wifijoycewoofershostsuniversity
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I was surprised to be shown to our room in the garage. No mention of this option on the main Arden St website or any pictures even. If I had known I would have asked for a different room. I would not want to stay there in the winter months as the garage floor where painted only was freezing. To use the shower (which is modern) you need to be short not tall. A six foot person would hit their head on the ceiling!!!
We stayed 2 nights & came back to find our bed had been made, clean towels put out, dishes done, which was a nice touch.
It would have been nice to have teaspoons & teabags/coffee/sugar as there was a jug/kettle, we had bought our own milk. The one breakfast we had was fine but on our leaving morning, which happened to be the 1st Jan we went up to find breakfast was to be from 9am not 8am as per the previous morning, so we did not get any. The owners were away and the backpackers were running the place. The two we met were courteous & nice.
Although the Wifi was free, it was very poor to use

Room Tip: There is a photo of the garage room on this site of it and it look great, so ask the owner directly if you don't want it.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
joyce l, Owner at Arden Street House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Really please you enjoyed the effort our workers we made to make you feel at home and the fresh towels made bed each day. Sorry you missed breakfast on your on new years day , your key actually opens the door to the main house and breakfast room too so you could have helped yourself to breakfast that day.

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

We just arrived, but no owner was there. Instead a cat on our bed. Carpets a bit old, ready for renovation. Same for the res troom. Breakfast is developable, but nice hints for potential hiking trips. Location ok, enough space for your car.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We stayed only for one night at Ardens but it was a lovely stay. It was a cold, rainy day and we got a warm bed with an electric blanket! Superb. The interior of the house makes you feel like you're at home. We were setting off early next day so we opted for not having a breakfast what was at reduced price. Very friendly staff. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank KarolaRS
joyce l, Owner at Arden Street House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

So pleased you enjoyed your stay! We love meeting guests from all around the world!

Reviewed 7 July 2015

My son & I stayed overnight in June. The owners weren't there when we arrived, but had left me a note with directions to my room. The note was addressed to a "Mr" even though the booking was in my name (a female).
Our room was a garage converted into a room with an ensuite. It was clean and warm. There wasn't a TV in the room, but it did say there was when I booked on booking.com.
We didn't stay for the provided breakfast as wanted to get back on the road. I went inside to say goodbye & thank them, but another guest told me they weren't there. When I got home I had an email from the owner requesting my credit card security number, which I found odd as I had already completed the transaction online.
Accommodation was good - but service could have been a whole lot more professional.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Hello Hidea_12
Sorry you felt you had a bad experience of being left instructions of how to get to your room when we were called away unexpectedly.
Actually it was our worker who told you that we the owners were not home and who asked for payment.
Yes I did email you for your payment as when my worker asked for the payment for your booking you told them that you had already paid (but in fact Booking.com only takes the details and the booking is paid for once the guest arrives at their accommodation).
So by this time you will have seen that there has been no payment taken off your credit card for your accommodation taken for your stay with us so actually you have actually stayed without paying.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

My husband and I stayed with Joyce and Richard in January. We were tired from a long drive and Joyce suggested we eat there. She had several travelers staying there to help her with cooking and house chores. I was a little apprehensive at first, but the meal was delicious. We ate there the next night also. Several theology students were staying there and the dinner conversation was very interesting. Our room was clean and spacious. Joyce was very helpful with tour suggestions and directions.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple

Really enjoyed meeting you and the great conversations around the dinner table!