“A wonderful warm experience”
Review of Walk Christchurch

Walk Christchurch
Ranked #7 of 108 Tours in Christchurch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Here's your chance to join a guaranteed small group for a relaxed and chatty walking tour of the central city. With 30+ years experience, enthusiastic local guides and several civic awards, we offer the best value in city tours. Just read our reviews! Two walks are offered per day in Summer and one during the cooler months. Tours are suitable for almost all ages and our guides adapt the walk to your interests. You cannot choose better. Call at the Red Kiosk by the Museum or visit i-Site Christchurch.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love wlaking tours around cities as you see so much more and hear wonderful stories. I was very fortunate to have Josie as my tour guide around Christchurch. She was very informative and catered the walk to suit my injured foot. I was able to get a good understanding of the city as it reinvents itself after the earthquakes. The botanical gardens were trully amazing with all the flowers in bloom for Spring, I also found the Wollemi pine from Australia! Keep up the good work.
Melissa Harte, Melbourne, Australia

Warwick H, Guest Relations Manager at Walk Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It is always a pleasure to receive reviews like yours. We do try very hard to be flexible and fit our tours to each group. Your review will be passed on to Josie.

All reviews
"small group"
in 7 reviews
"pre and post"
"red kiosk"
in 4 reviews
"excellent tour"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
"cardboard cathedral"
"post earthquake"
"transitional cathedral"

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I had a nice and long tour with murray. He knows a lot about christchurch its history, the architecture and the earthquake. I would definitly recommend that tour!

Thanks for the kind review. Murray is a great guide and highly qualified in architecture so you were very lucky, especially with your interests. I will pass the review on to him.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I took this walk this afternoon with guide Josie, and with an NZ couple. It was nicely paced. Josie was obviously a proud local who loves showing visitors around her city. The results of the 2011 earthquake were naturally 'centre stage' on the walk. What we saw in just over 2.5 hours was remarkable. Had I not done the walk, I would have missed out on a lot in my limited stay in the city.
By the way, the tour cost is $20, not $15 as stated in some (outdated) brochures in circulation. Well worth the price.

ChChwalkguides, Public Relations Manager at Walk Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Many thanks for your review. We take great pride in showing off our city and love to hear from satisfied customers.
Sorry about the price error in a third party listing. That's a constant challenge we work hard on.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of spending nearly 3 hours walking with Murray and learning about architecture in Christchurch. We saw examples of different styles from the 19th century, the evolution of architectural styles and the post-earthquake construction. I have been on a few architecture walks in different cities and this one was really fantastic!! Murray's knowledge of architecture, history and culture of Christchurch was deep, and his passion to share it was obvious. I'd happily do this tour again. So much to see!

ChChwalkguides, Guest Relations Manager at Walk Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Many thanks for your kind words. Murray really enjoyed the tour and appreciated your keen interest.
You'd be welcome to return any time.
Warwick

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Bruce showed us a good part of the city. We were the only ones (2) and enjoyed the fact, that we could ask questions any time and adjust our tour to our interests. The fact that we could stop, take pictures and have it personalized was so much nicer than a bus tour. We are sure he went over the time limit, too!

ChChwalkguides, Guest Relations Manager at Walk Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thanks for your review. You highlighted things that are important to us, such as the flexible pace, opportunity for questions and the personalisation we achieve with our small groups.
Very best wishes.