“Great service”
Review of Natural High

Natural High
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Huge selection of leading-brand bikes & accessories including mountain, performance carbon road, hybrid, touring bikes, children's bikes & accessories for hire. Secondhand bikes for sale, bike workshop, luggage storage. We also offer self-guided & guided cycle tours. One day cycling tours around Christchurch. Campervan rental.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I rented a bike at very short notice for ride up Summit Road. The staff were really helpful and friendly and gave some really useful advice on the best route to take. The bike was in very good condition and ran smoothly. Thanks for a great day!

NaturalHighnz, Owner at Natural High, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thanks Tim. Glad we could be of assistance!

All reviews
"abilities"
"parts"
"route"

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I rented two bikes from Steve in a package with the Campervan and left out of Christchurch for a two week tour of the south island. The trip went well for a few days and the bikes were fine. Then I had a bike malfunction that made the bike non functional. I always say you find out about people when things go wrong. Well when I called Steve and explained the situation he quickly made arrangements for repairs at a bike shop several hundred kilometers away from his place to fix the bike. Steve was right there to help me out and stand behind his bike. The delay time was minimal and caused no delays in our vacation schedule. I appreciate his professionalism and understanding that I was on a trip of a lifetime and he wanted to make that experience as good as it could be.. THANKS STEVE!!...Eric...

NaturalHighnz, Owner at Natural High, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thanks very much Eric. We pride ourselves on making every clients NZ cycling adventure the best possible experience. Hope you can make it back again one day for some more NZ mountain biking.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I have rented a discovery 3 bike for 3 weeks while visiting Christchurch and It was a great experience. The bike was almost brand new and the service was very professional.

Wonderful experience.

NaturalHighnz, Owner at Natural High, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you Abdulomonem, we are pleased that you could experience Christchurch by bike. Happy to be of service!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Landed off the plane and was inspired to hire a road bike on the spur of the moment. Called them up and they were helpful in figuring out my needs and getting a bike ready. 20 minutes later I'm there and they setup the bike seat height perfectly while I completed the paperwork and eager to get out.

The most inefficient thing in the process was me forgetting to put on my windstopper.

In terms of equipment the Specialised Roubaix was awesome, even a local rider commented how it suited me. The bike was very comfortable and was obviously well maintained, shifting was no problem. Having my own pedals and garmin made me feel at home and the saddle was comfortable all day doing 55km up the Port Hills area. They provided a saddlebag, pump and lock which I wasn't expecting and was welcome as I always seem to have to stuff my pockets.

Getting to the cycling area was fortunately very easy for me as I followed a local rider and saved me a bit of time. But the route was very cycle friendly, so the location didn't hurt, especially as I could maintain the speed on the flats to the other side of town.

In terms of service the best thing was a nice hot shower at their facilities and Claire offered me a nice fruit tea, which was super welcome. Also helped me organise getting into town.

So all in all a splendid day in the hills getting my fix and not having to worry about anything. Not bad for an impromptu bike addiction (which is always), so glad I took a chance on doing this and looking back the day went very smoothly and in large part to Natural High... and the local who let me draft all day!

NaturalHighnz, Owner at Natural High, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback - great to hear! We are pleased we could be of service and that you enjoyed the Roubaix. Remember us for next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2017

A great day out in CCH in early March, 2017.We found the cycling great, and the drivers for the most part waaaayyyy more patient and careful (thankful for the low city speed limit!) than here in Los Angeles. Our regret was that we only allowed half a day for cycling. Christchurch City is great for some road exploring as there are lots of cafes with sidewalk seating and dedicated cycle trails. We will definately come back to Natural High on our next tiki tour around the South Island. Fast and professional crew, they put our own pedals and saddles on the two Specialized Roubaix we rented. They are located on the edge of the city (access to town or hills) and have a huge inventory. New Zealand is serious about going full force with cycling, you will find bike lanes going in everywhere, separated tracks, and even on the radio...when you hear warnings about road work (there is A LOT of that, as they have awesome roads for a reason!) they will also mention "don't forget to watch out for cyclists". Seriously, you will never here that in the U.S. Please follow the laws of the road and be aware of your surroundings, and you'll find the drivers are, for the most part, patient and courteous.
Cheers, Amy K.

NaturalHighnz, Owner at Natural High, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thanks Amy. Great that you enjoyed your time in Christchurch!