Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
knitina
Wanaka, New Zealand

Comfortable and warm

Review of Bealey Quarter
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Apr 2021via mobile
Stayed here while in chch on a conference. The rooms were spacious, private and comfortable. It was a good place to stay and would recommend for a group needing somewhere central and affordable. the Bealey hotel catered for breakfast, lunch and dinner so very convenient. Thank you
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Whitney Howman, Owner at Bealey Quarter, responded to this review
Responded 26 Jul 2021
Hi knitina, Thank-you so much for your review. Its great to see you got to enjoy all of our facilities too. We hope to see you again next time!
$169
    $114
1.9 km from Bealey Quarter
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Christchurch
All reviews bunk beds shared facilities new zealand nice stay comfortable rooms hostel backpackers tv wifi city nz dorm toiletries laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2020

I love this place it has such a lovely atmosphere with amazing quick service and great staff! We come here every week and i definitely think it’s the best place to play pool in Bristol. It is super covid safe too.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Whitney Howman, Owner at Bealey Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Thanks Tessa

Reviewed 23 July 2020

Checked in late, straight to the shower.

I couldn't tell at time because there no ventilation in the bathroom, so the room got very steamy. The shower wasn't draining properly and had flooded the bathroom, even seeping to the carpet in the room. Despite there being a secondary drain on the bathroom floor.

I called straight after this happened at 12pm, explained the situation and politely asked if I may switch rooms. I was told that there was nothing they could do at this time and blamed me for the flooding, said well this doesn't affect the bed so you can sleep.

A housekeeper came the next morning, and it seems the problem was caused by the previous cleaner not putting the shower drain back together properly.

She then offered to change rooms, which at this point was too little too late, as I was checking out in the morning anyway.

Manager refused to be apologise for not changing the rooms that evening and still insisted that nothing would have affected my sleep.

Rude and a very awful experience.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ShannonB2889
Janelle Pritchard, Owner at Bealey Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2021

Hi Shannon,

We are very sorry to read about your disappointing experience with us. We are incredibly grateful for your feedback and will use this to implement new measures. If you have any further comments please feel free to email us at stay@bealeyquarter.co.nz.

TJ

Reviewed 7 March 2020

The double room is not really a double room. I found the description of what they had to actually be misleading. Just opinion. I would definitely have not stayed at the place if the description on the booking site was accurate. It says shared bathroom but not that the toilet is also shared. Last time I checked you don't take a dump in a bathroom. That's what toilets are for. I handed the key to the guy at the counter when I checked out and told him that I was not staying. He said that he had previously come across people complaining about the description on the booking site. I had asked for the invoice when I checked in. The guy at the counter said that said that he was new and he would ask the guy who came for the next shift to send me the invoice. I did not need the invoice when I checked out as it was the same guy at the counter and he had already told me that the did not know how to send out invoices. They did not send me the invoice so I sent them an email asking them to send it. When I got the invoice I found that they had charged me for a lost key as I had not checked out.It seems this outfit charges you $20 to give you a key to the room. I said the was a lie that I had not checked out. I had spoken to the guy at the counter and told him why I was not staying, The charge for the lost key was 20 bucks so not something that would break the bank. But they are such a cheap outfit that they refused to admit a mistake on their part for 20 bucks and refund the 20 bucks. FFS!!! Its not that there is a shortage of good reasonably priced accommodation in CHCH anyway. I've travelled all over the world but have not come across a hotel that will charge you to give you a key and then charge for a lost key when it is handed keys over. Trip Advisor should seriously consider if they want such operators on their website.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jutem
PhilL2002, General Manager at Bealey Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Hi Jutem,
If I have found the right booking I see you booked via Booking.com, when we set up the hostel on their platform the only option they give us is to tick the box which says shared bathroom. Our own website says shared facilities which I believe is a better description. And you are correct, this is not the first time this has happened, we have asked booking.com to change this before and the best they will do is say they will look into it. To date nothing has happened and after 4 years I have a feeling they are not to worried about it which is very frustrating from our perspective. I will be forwarding your review to them as more evidence they need to change the wording.
People that check out late do lose their key bonds, late check outs in the middle of peak season do create a lot of extra work for the housekeeping crew and you will find this is very common throughout NZ. I see we did write to you asking for the time you checked out but as yet you have not replied..(again assuming I have the correct booking) Quite simply if you can get back to me (phil@allstarsinn.com) I am happy to review the cameras and if proven that you checked out on time then I will happily refund your $20. Also happy to send you a copy of the invoice, please again just send the request to the 'phil' email and I will get that to you. Hope to hear from you soon,
Regards

Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before joining the Stray bus. I booked separately from Stray but was still put in a room with 3 others who were on/just finishing their Stray trip which was really nice. We were in a 4 bed dorm with an ensuite in the sheds opposite reception. The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the shower was good. There was a little noise from people walking around on the decking outside, but was no problem with earplugs. The receptionist gave me a good walking route around town to see the main sights - took about 15 mins to get into the centre.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 2Camgirlsontour
PhilL2002, General Manager at Bealey Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

Hi,
Thank you for your review and nice to read you enjoyed your brief stay here in Christchurch. As much as possible we try and keep tour groups together so glad it worked out for you, enjoy your Stray experience and all the best for the rest of your travels,
Cheers

Reviewed 13 January 2020

Had everything expected of a hostel including a well equipped kitchen and a laundry.
Our twin room was comfortable and even had a TV.
The only real annoyance was the distance of our room from the male toilets and showers. We were really close to the female facilities, but at the opposite end of the floor to the male facilities. It would probably work better if they changed these into unsex facilities to do away with the problem.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank David B
PhilL2002, General Manager at Bealey Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Hi David,
Thank you for your review and comments, with the male bathroom located in the middle of that floor it is about a 25m walk from the furthermost room so not really a huge distance, happy to move people around to a closer room for anyone that requires it. We wont be making the female bathroom unisex as our research has shown the ladies prefer not to have men in the same bathroom if it can be avoided.
All the best for the rest of your travels,
Cheers