Lowest prices for your stay
$109
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
Priceline
Agoda.com
$92
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
No fees just great deals
All reviews stayed here family stay hot water facilities nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2020

No complaints from time really from withe room option I had. One of the toasters was a bit temperamental but they removed one of option due to social distancing as I was there during a stay when people were trying get home.

I had a private room for two nights to self isolate and could not fault it really. The kitchen had measures put in to keep people apart as much as possible, the hostel put their pricing plan cheaper than online to make it easier for people to book and priced all dorm rooms the same which was a good touch.

I personally left a bit on the spot to try for a flight home which fortunately I got on and after a quick email after arriving back home they stuck to their word at the hostel and refunded me for the two extra nights even though I had essentially moved into that room from that morning.

Very organised staff given the circumstances and would recommend to future travelers.

Room tip: Rooms on the right side of the building are better due to kitchen access.
Date of stay: March 2020
Paul Crooks, General Manager at Urbanz, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

Thanks very much for your positive review Gary. Yes it was a very difficult time for everyone.

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in February between buses. At first, I was really excited about it. I like staying in hostels for the accomodations - the kitchens and lounges, but I also get my own room because I am such a light sleeper. I got my own room here and it was small but cozy and I was really happy with it. I went to bed early because I had an early bus to catch the next day... and then the noise started. It was harmless really, but it felt amplified. I heard my neighbors talking through the wall, I heard every roller bag on any floor, I heard every footstep, and I heard every drunk person screaming in the hallway between 11pm and 4am. I even heard their friends noisily admonishing them "I think people are trying to sleep!" I am only saying all this because I stay in plenty of hostels and none of them have such poor noise control. At least the drunks in the other hostels are slightly muffled, these were just amplified. I didn't sleep at all.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank AsSeenByJane

Thanks for your positive review about our rooms etc but sorry about the noise on your night of stay. It is not normally like that and happy to offer you a free stay if you return again. Just contact me.

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

Average hostel. Cheap noisy bunk beds but large single beds which was a bonus.
Kitchen was large. Cleaners packed away chairs and cleaned kitchen at 9am. Did not feel like the kitchen was useable at that time which is ridiculous.
Nice large lounge area.
Close walking distance to the main attractions.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank traveller15500

Thanks for your generally positive review about the hostel. We have tightened our bunks so they are not noisy anymore. We have to clean the kitchen at some time during the day but try to inconvenience guests as little as possible..

Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

Booked for 1 week at a weekly rate and then checked out early so no refund is given for a weekly rate.

Booked a private room with shared bathroom. Room was really small with limited space for our luggages but otherwise, able to sleep okay. Lockers are provided but you need your own lock otherwise you can rent one from the reception.

I arrived before check in time so I stored my luggage and went for a walk. Do take note that there's no lift so you need to carry your own luggage.

My room had some issues with the key card at first. I was constantly locked out and can't enter my room. On the 2nd day, they changed my key card and that problem stopped.

A TV is provided in the room as well.

Shared bathrooms are clean and nice. I never had to wait for a shower room or a toilet to be available.

Kitchen was good. There's enough crockery going around for people to use.

The staff are really nice and friendly as well.

Will come back to stay again if I'm back in Christchurch.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank fernyys

Thanks for your great review of Urbanz and happy to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 28 September 2019

It was an average hostel. Location is good, the staff was also very nice. The first room they gave us had 2 more people but the room was a mess so had to change the room. They gave us another room which was clean & cozy. Their kitchen isn’t the best though. Very few cooking stations for such a large hostel.

Date of stay: September 2019