“Top notch food”
Review of Twenty Seven Steps

Twenty Seven Steps
Ranked #21 of 1,232 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed 27 September 2016

The most delicious food and attentive staff. Would definitely recommend. However, only complaint would be that it is very noisy - as it has high ceilings. It didnt bother us, but probably not the best for those a bit hard of hearing!

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

On the recommendation of a local specialist food wholesaler............who said he had the best steak ever.......we visited Twenty Seven Steps with a visiting friend.
I am happy to agree that the steak is superb. Succulent, tender, full of flavour and cooked to perfection.
I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

My wife and I had a special anniversary dinner at 27 Steps.The food was delicious and presentation first class.
The Manager and staff were exceptional and friendly.
The Manager even went out and purchased my wife`s favourite champagne before we arrived as it was not on their Wine List.
Going the extra mile impressed us.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Though very busy at the time we went, the staff and service was excellent. Fresh home made bread arrived soon after sitting down. This is free. If you want more there is a charge for the second order.

The menu including the daily specials was interesting. The soup could be ordered in a bowl or in a teacup. The teacup option was novel as well as a perfect quantity as a starter.

Being in a group meant a variety of dishes were ordered. Each and every one enjoyed what they had.

There is an extensive wine list including some wines by the glass.

Some of our group had been here before and said it was just as good on that visit.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

What a lovely find. We really enjoyed the food and the service here. The seafood Bouillabaisse was the best I've ever tasted. Fabulous balance of flavours. I had the fish which was yum and my partner had the rack of lamb. The mains were substantial so much so I couldn't finish mine but it wasn't for lack of wanting to eat it I just was too full. We shared a dessert (always room for that) - the chia seed and rhubarb dessert. It was perfect. Not too sweet or heavy. Totally recommend this spot. We'll be back.