“Great Atmosphere!”
Review of Twenty Seven Steps

Twenty Seven Steps
Ranked #22 of 1,229 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed 13 August 2016

We booked as a party of 8, with friends over from Wales for the rugby. Busy with a buzzy atmosphere which I like - can't bear places where the sound of cutlery on plates is all you can hear!
Not a huge menu, but this meant that what they had was cooked well. Very friendly staff. We arrived around 7.30 and had the table for the evening and were just about the last to leave. We weren't hurried which added to our leisurely evening.
I would definitely visit again and I would definitely book to avoid disappointment as not the largest restaurant.
The setting is lovely - New Regent Street is a quirky street, with it's own very individual style of architecture. The restaurant is upstairs and they are hoping to convert the downstairs area to a bar.
Enjoy!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Getaway39

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Went here with a large group this time, the food was great, wine list fantastic but the noise was horrid BUT I went back twice.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I was a bit concerned about the warnings to book so I decided to go early and maybe that was an advantage as it did fill up while I was there. Having perused the menu on line I was prepared but then the specials hijacked me. How could I miss a rack of lamb? I asked for it rare/medium and that's what I got so well done to the staff. A special mention for the bread, it could have been so easy to eat more of it but that would have made dessert more difficult.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This isn't a huge restaurant so it would pay to book so you aren't let down. Had a pleasant experience here with staff, wine and food so will happily go back! Can be a bit noisy however because there are quite a few people in a small place.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Very warm and cozy atmosphere. Can get very busy so make sure you book. Food was very good but not amazing but definitely worth a try.