“great food”
Review of Twenty Seven Steps

Twenty Seven Steps
Ranked #22 of 1,229 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Went here with a large group this time, the food was great, wine list fantastic but the noise was horrid BUT I went back twice.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I was a bit concerned about the warnings to book so I decided to go early and maybe that was an advantage as it did fill up while I was there. Having perused the menu on line I was prepared but then the specials hijacked me. How could I miss a rack of lamb? I asked for it rare/medium and that's what I got so well done to the staff. A special mention for the bread, it could have been so easy to eat more of it but that would have made dessert more difficult.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This isn't a huge restaurant so it would pay to book so you aren't let down. Had a pleasant experience here with staff, wine and food so will happily go back! Can be a bit noisy however because there are quite a few people in a small place.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Very warm and cozy atmosphere. Can get very busy so make sure you book. Food was very good but not amazing but definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We got lucky to get a table I guess. Busy crowded place, we end up in the corner next to the bar, we didn't make any reservations, so that was our fault I guess. I give it a go looking reviews in TripAdvisor for restaurants in Christchurch. We wait a bit for waiter attention, but maitre realize and correct it right away. he apologies and make sure our meal came in a bearable time. (There was a lot of people as I mention it, so I thought timing was really good actually) High quality food, and I recommend the soup with manuka honey. Was a lovely place, a bit crowd but the food was very nice.
Give it a go :)