“Amazing food and taste”

Dragons Den Social Lounge
Ranked #257 of 1,193 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Description: The Dragons Den is a comfortable and relaxing space to enjoy fun and flavorful cocktails, international wines and beers, as well as a tasty food menu that won't leave you hungry! With brand new lunchtime opening hours, be sure to try before we fly! We are also a great venue to hire privately for your next birthday, anniversary, work do or even a Cocktail Masterclass! So come and check us out and Feed Your Dragon!
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We dined at Dragons Den last night as we had a Grabone voucher for dinner. We could not fault the food, the service, the cocktails. It was fabulous and a really good idea to have a separate menu for the Grabone vouchers. We had 3 courses with matching cocktails. One cocktail was part of the deal and then you could buy 2 more for an extra $20.00. Alcoholic and nonalcoholic. We had both and they were stunning. We will certainly be returning to try their full menu and any other Grabone voucher that is advertised. Thank you for the experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

We had three courses with paired drinks and really enjoyed it all! The staff were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
The cocktails were great and the pudding is one of the best I have ever had.
There are conventional tables but we had a little coffee table with corner seat next to the fire and this was very romantic.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Second time we have visited and found the service extremely good and the food fantastic. We had the Edamame beans and they were the largest i have experienced in Ch. Ch. yummy flavours. We then had the Dragons Feast which was enough for the 2 of us. The menu is a bit difficult to understand but our waitress took us through it until we understood. Will be back.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

the menu listed a 3 platter option for $30, but there were flyers on the table stating $40 When I suggested that I was interested in the $30 platter, I was told it was now $40. I was partly joking and stated that this is illegal. The waiter replied extremely rudely, then walked away without taking my order.

I will never go back. This restaurant needs to look seriously at their wait staff.

3  Thank mjsmithers2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We went on a Thu night with a Grabone. Service was attentive and relaxed, and the food was superb: flavoursome and cooked well. Crispy panko crumbs on the pork starter, delicious fries and soft bun with the burger, perfectly executed pannacotta dessert. The cocktail was a nice, but didn't float my boat but that's personal preference. It was pretty quiet, so not a heap of atmosphere but I think it'd be noisy if it was busy.

The downside for me was the seating. I'd have probably given 5 stars if not for this.

The Chesterfield's look great to sit in, and are comfy, but in reality are just awkward. They're too far apart for conversation or eating, so you're constantly sitting forwards then backwards, and are hunched over eating. Grab a table if you're dining, there's more out the back, which we only discovered later on. I definitely recommend it for the food and service, just be conscious of your table choice.