“Fab food and service”

Dragons Den Social Lounge
Ranked #258 of 1,195 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Description: The Dragons Den is a comfortable and relaxing space to enjoy fun and flavorful cocktails, international wines and beers, as well as a tasty food menu that won't leave you hungry! With brand new lunchtime opening hours, be sure to try before we fly! We are also a great venue to hire privately for your next birthday, anniversary, work do or even a Cocktail Masterclass! So come and check us out and Feed Your Dragon!
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We went on a Thu night with a Grabone. Service was attentive and relaxed, and the food was superb: flavoursome and cooked well. Crispy panko crumbs on the pork starter, delicious fries and soft bun with the burger, perfectly executed pannacotta dessert. The cocktail was a nice, but didn't float my boat but that's personal preference. It was pretty quiet, so not a heap of atmosphere but I think it'd be noisy if it was busy.

The downside for me was the seating. I'd have probably given 5 stars if not for this.

The Chesterfield's look great to sit in, and are comfy, but in reality are just awkward. They're too far apart for conversation or eating, so you're constantly sitting forwards then backwards, and are hunched over eating. Grab a table if you're dining, there's more out the back, which we only discovered later on. I definitely recommend it for the food and service, just be conscious of your table choice.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

We bought a Grab One voucher for a three course set menu with a cocktail. I was attracted because of the fact that Andrew Brown (who has worked in The George) was the chef and owner of this new place. The three courses were absolutely delicious. The first was a pork belly ball, deep fried in panko crumb, the main was a double burger and the desert a Panna Cotta. The presentation and flavours of the dishes were second to none. Gorgeous attention to detail. The service was fantastic. Attentive.
The environment is good with lots of leather sofas and a gas fire out the back.
I would definitely recommend and will definitely return. The only comment I would make, is that it is an unusual location so I hope it works well for them.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Amazing Asian fusion food, very delicate yet affordable. The staff are friendly and professionnal. Will definitely go back when visiting Christchurch!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

From the moment I walked in the door I felt looked after..very polite staff..the decor was superb..felt really at ease..and being a single mature female a good place ..Happy hour was on..poured a lovely bubble..water bought to table..friendly smiling faces of lovely younger people ..A platter was ordered and that arrived with a delicious array of snacks..with the waitress , describing, what the portions were. on plate..Will recommend to others..

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

As first timers to Dragon's Den, we found the initial experience very confusing. Simply, the seating is bizarre and the menu is weird. It didn't help that the room was uncomfortably cold too. However if you can get past that, the service is good, the cocktails are great and the food is fantastic! Overall we had a great time and would return better prepared next time, but the first impression is very off-putting.

1  Thank Graham W