“Amazing Staff”

Ranked #20 of 1,221 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tutto Bene Italian Restaurant Pizzeria is one of the most popular restaurants in Christchurch. Be transported to a “little piece of Italy”. View our lovingly-amassed collection of Italian memorabilia, breathe in the delicious aromas of pizza and pause for a moment to take in the atmosphere. Our culinary vision is to deliver to you a mix of dishes - Italian- style and local favourites. The hard-working team prepares many ingredients in-house. An extensive Italian wine list completes the picture. Friday / Saturday has a really bustling, busy vibe to it - early week is quieter and Sunday is perfect for a family dinner. During the warmer months, the al fresco dining area underneath our protected Elm tree is a magical spot. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 21 September 2019

The food is fantastic, the atmosphere is great. They will cater for any food requirement and NOTHING is a problem. The waiting staff are great - on this occasion, our Server was El and she was exceptional. There were 30 of us and she knew all of our names and attended to every request with a smile and prompt service. I frequently go to Tutto Bene and the staff are always amazing... as is the food

Reviewed 20 September 2019 via mobile

I have driven past this place every day and had never thought of visiting. I don’t normally go to Italian places as I can do pasta at home but had a friend visiting and she is vegan so thought the menu looked good. It was not good, it was amazing. Super accommodating to my friend and the food was outstanding. She had pasta and I had pizza. I did not intend to eat it all but it was soooooooo good! Will be back, staff were attentive and so lovely.

2  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

I visited Tutto Bene, in Merivale, Christchurch, on a Monday evening, expecting it to be quiet. It's a large restaurant and was really busy. But, they had plenty of staff on and the service was quick and friendly.
The highlight for me was the pumpkin risotto. Absolutely delicious! Rich, sweet flavour and just the right amount of stickiness. I'll be back for more on my next Christchurch work trip!

1  Thank G8281XNstevel
Reviewed 9 September 2019

My partner and I went to tutto bene for our anniversary, we got recommended by some friends. The vegan 🌱 menu was quite substantial, it was hard to pick what to get- which was nice (compared to usually only having one or two options).
The customer service was really good, I think one of the ladies that served us was training and she was as doing a great job :)
Now the food... it was next level! Mouthwatering, filling and really amazing combinations of flavours.
We will definitely be coming back for another occasion.
The prices were a little out of our normal budget as students - but the food, service and environment was well worth it :)

Date of visit: September 2019
TuttoBeneNZ, @ at Tutto Bene Restaurant Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2019

Hello Jorgiicamkin
Thank you for entrusting us on your special celebration. We are very proud of our new Vegan menu and thank you for your feedback. Did you know Tutto Bene is now certified carboNZero? Community and environment, environment and community! Cheers W

Reviewed 6 September 2019

This is my favorite place to dine in Christchurch. I don't usually go out for Italian food because it's the one thing I'm really good at cooking so it takes something special. When you go to Tutto Bene you're not just going for a meal, you're going for an experience.

The food is really hearty and the portions are generous. I'm not any kind of expert but to me this is simple Italian food cooked very well. I normally get the lasagne or Spagetti Roberto washed down with a nice cold Peroni and I've never left disappointed.

Its a really good idea to book in advance as the place always has a great crown. I really love the pictures and memorabilia that's dotted around the place. The best part is that the owner is normally there and it's not unusual for him to visit your table to offer some extra cheese or just to check if you are enjoying the evening. They always take exceptional care of customers!

Date of visit: January 2019

Richard N
Wow, thanks for the great review. Tutto Bene "favourite, generous, exceptional". That's what we strive for and your review helps keep us going. Truly appreciated. Cheers W