“Best Pork Ribs in Town”

Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Original site of the very first Lone Star New Zealand restaurant & bar which opened nearly 30 years ago in 1988. Lone Star Manchester St is dedicated to serving legendary food & drink and proving an exceptional dining experience to our thousands of valued guests so join us for an iconic Kiwi lunch or dinner. We are open every day from 12.00pm
Reviewed 15 March 2016

A friend from Malaysia was visiting and wanted to take our family of 3 out for dinner, specifically for Pork Ribs, her favourite. After some careful research the Lone Star Cafe was our choice and we weren't disappointed. This modern mid city establishment has so much going for it.

We booked ahead and after a friendly reception we were shown to the spacious bar filled with cool western style Americana art and memorabilia, a large raised fireplace and a good selection of tap beers. Enjoying our drinks we didn't wait long before our table was ready. The restaurant area was large and very popular. The place was humming, lots of laughter and smiles With great service and LARGE meals the Lone Star Cafe is about awesome food and fun. We dined on stacks of delicious ribs smothered in sauce and had plenty to take home with us as well. A fun, memorable evening. We are looking forward to our next visit in July. Our guest still raves about it.

trevor c, Owner at Lone Star Manchester St, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Thankyou for dining with us and your lovely review.
Will pass your compliments on to our wonderful staff.
Look forward to having you dine with us again soon

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

We had my nieces 8th birthday here with family and I am quite blown away how good the service was. I know the staff are trained to be friendly but they were also very patient and nothing was a problem. The meals are consistently great and the free desert for birthdays is a nice touch.

Thank you for your positive review.
Our staff do a fantastic job and are very positive.
Will pass your comments on.
Thank you for dining at Lone Star and we hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed 28 February 2016

At the end of the meal, the staff were apologetic that the meal was spoilt because of a group of men, in their 40- 50s who should have known better. The f word being used a lot, and next to some children and a family also near by, made it the worst occasion of me spending about $150 for a meal. Never ever again will I go there. Its about time management realized that some patrons who are out of control need to be told to talk more quietly. It is not a drama theatre of out of control mouths. They suggested next time they could have moved us to a quieter option somewhere at the other end of the restaurant, - but, come on, - managment can surely ask for more respect. Amongst my anger, I did enjoy the food, the steak for my husband was good, and I enjoyed the prawns and Nachos. But theres more than just food when going out to a restaurant, - theres the atmosphere, etc., and there was plenty of the etcs., as I am still wild 24 hours later that it was so badly spoilt. It was a special reunion for someone special who had just returned from overseas, and I was ashamed that I took that person to that place. Never ever again, ever...

trevor c, Owner at Lone Star Manchester St, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy.
We will take your comments onboard and monitor any further situations.
We aim to make your dining experience a memorable one and apologise for failing to control other patrons laungage on this occasion.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I dined several times in different Lonestar branches in New Zealand. This restaurant in Christchurch is one of the best when it comes to customer service. I love the food in Lonestar. It has been a family favorite restaurant. I brought friends and business partners in the place to get a lovely dinner and they always give me a thumbs up. This restaurant never bring me down. Kudos!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

First visit to the new Lone Star, they appear to be doing everything much the same, my partner and I both ordered the Ribeye one with eggs and one without and for $39 I was really looking forward to a stunning steak dish. The ribeye itself was fine but the plates really lack imagination with 11 potatoes each my partner and I weren't lacking in spuds and then just the normal old coleslaw on the side. Still hunting for what made it worth $39, there is much better steak to be had in town. Everything was only ok

trevor c, Owner at Lone Star Manchester St, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

We will pass your comments onto our Franchise
I would say the Kiwi Joker steak meal you refer to is a big seller at Lone Star with a 350g steak onions mushrooms buff potatoes coleslaw and two eggs.
Thankyou for dining with us