“Fabulous!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The food at Coriander’s was outstanding! I enjoyed the entire experience and highly recommend it to anyone seeking Indian cuisine in Christchurch.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I are regulars to this restaurant. We are always served by lovely Aman who is so prompt with our drinks and meals. The service is to a high standard every time! Super friendly staff with quick turn arounds. We are always served our meals in impeccable time and never left waiting. I love the Medium butter chicken it’s always plentiful and well presented. Naan bread is huge and so tasty with many flavours. We will continue to dine at coriander’s whether we are in Hanmer for the weekend Rolleston for the day or Near city centre. Thanks Guys! ☺️ Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

To start with let me mention we visited this restaurant very late. It was around 8.30-9ish. We were just driving back from Queenstown.

Usually you would have servers being grumpy as 1. It was a Monday night 2. It was very late.

This wasnt true for the staff at corriander. They made us feel super welcomed and everything was perfect. They were very professional.

Food was very yummy too!! It was 8 of us so we got to try every bits and honestly best Indian that I have had in awhile. I would definitely recommend this place. :)

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Its a nicely done restaurant from Inside and out however, I wish to tell the owner / manager who usually paces around the restaurant to bring as much flavour and authenticity to the food.

My wife and I ordered a Corianders platter for 2. It was followed by small dollops of (more than likely, Killinchy Gold's) Mango sorbet for cleansing our palette. Nothing comes close to a real Indian Mango though.

For mains, we had Mushroom Masala ( requested Hot), Daal Makhni and Naan (requested Crispy). Were really underwhelmed by our requests not being met and the Daal lacking punch. Before we paid, I asked our server why our food lacked spice even after requesting specifically and we were met with a standard response. Sir the spice level has been adjusted to match Kiwi taste. Very dis-satisfying to see the misrepresentation of Indian food and spices even after requesting for it especially given the fact that my wife had been to this place with her friends for lunch, ordered medium and got medium hot !

How can spice levels vary in the same restaurant during different services ?

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing dinner, followed by my new favourite dessert the chocolate Naan. The gentleman that looked after us, Bunny was wonderful and really went above and beyond.