“Very accommodating at short notice.”

The Old Vicarage Cafe, Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #112 of 1,119 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Having forgotten to bake a fresh loaf of bread the day before, we were out of luck for lunch at home, so chose to contact one of our favourite dining-out places at short notice. "Of course we can find a place for you," was the cheerful response when I called for a booking.
There was a new menu from when we last visited, and it was very enticing with its variety and pricing. The staff were attentive and welcoming and food itself was more than appetising. The usual high standard of their after-meal coffee has not diminished, so a return visit will definitely be on the books.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We came here for brunch today and were served by Keegan, he was one of the best waiters I have come across in a long time!!
Great menu with heaps of GF options.
Hot cakes were awesome!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We visited here yesterday for lunch, cannot complain about the food it was very good. However the reason why we chose this restaurant was because in the past they have allowed dogs on the deck ‘not in the restaurant’ but on the deck which is an outside seating area, only to find that they now do not allow dogs on the deck either. We will not be going back there.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome special occasion meal tonight. I had the fish of the day, gurnard wrapped in bacon with sweet potato croquettes, asparagus and a dill sauce. It was simply divine, absolutely delicious. My only criticism was not enough of the fantastic sauce. My husband had pork belly and loved every mouthful. Although I'm raving about the mains, the entree was the best seafood chowder I've tasted in Chch. The service was excellent, surroundings were interesting and pleasant. Overall a very enjoyable experience which I look forward to repeating.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I had the pork belly bites for appetizer and ribeye steak for my main. The steak was lovely. Good fast service and they were busy. Nice out door seating. Would happily go back!