“Amazing food! ”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome special occasion meal tonight. I had the fish of the day, gurnard wrapped in bacon with sweet potato croquettes, asparagus and a dill sauce. It was simply divine, absolutely delicious. My only criticism was not enough of the fantastic sauce. My husband had pork belly and loved every mouthful. Although I'm raving about the mains, the entree was the best seafood chowder I've tasted in Chch. The service was excellent, surroundings were interesting and pleasant. Overall a very enjoyable experience which I look forward to repeating.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I had the pork belly bites for appetizer and ribeye steak for my main. The steak was lovely. Good fast service and they were busy. Nice out door seating. Would happily go back!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

There were 10 of us for a table. All ages, but all family. We ended up with a room of our own for our dinner. A bit of a wait for the stragglers, but everyone made it and we settled in. The food was great, the wine selection was fabulous. The service was pretty good. Definitely recommend The Old Vicarage for a mid week dinner.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We have never had an adverse experience out all the years we have eaten here. The food and service is great, a culinary delight. Would recommend, good parking, nice outdoor setting, nicely manicured English gardens, good selection of foods, wine, beer, coffees and salads, also available is bar facilities.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Don't be put off by the suburban location. It's 10 minutes straight down Lincoln Rd, which changes its name to Halswell Rd about 1/2 way down. Or stop off on the way back from your trip to Akaroa.

While not exactly "fine dining" it's a step or 2 up from "pub food", but at "pub prices".

Very pleasant ambiance for a casual meal, something a bit special. or a drink in the bar. We went for lunch. Good choices on the menu. Catered for my allergies. Everything looked and tasted wonderful. Nice "clean" and "fresh" taste. Cheerful helpful staff without being OTT.