“A family get together at dinner time.”

The Old Vicarage Cafe, Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #81 of 1,051 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2017

There were 10 of us for a table. All ages, but all family. We ended up with a room of our own for our dinner. A bit of a wait for the stragglers, but everyone made it and we settled in. The food was great, the wine selection was fabulous. The service was pretty good. Definitely recommend The Old Vicarage for a mid week dinner.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We have never had an adverse experience out all the years we have eaten here. The food and service is great, a culinary delight. Would recommend, good parking, nice outdoor setting, nicely manicured English gardens, good selection of foods, wine, beer, coffees and salads, also available is bar facilities.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Don't be put off by the suburban location. It's 10 minutes straight down Lincoln Rd, which changes its name to Halswell Rd about 1/2 way down. Or stop off on the way back from your trip to Akaroa.

While not exactly "fine dining" it's a step or 2 up from "pub food", but at "pub prices".

Very pleasant ambiance for a casual meal, something a bit special. or a drink in the bar. We went for lunch. Good choices on the menu. Catered for my allergies. Everything looked and tasted wonderful. Nice "clean" and "fresh" taste. Cheerful helpful staff without being OTT.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Went for a meal recently and enjoyed a lovely meal in an elegant building with good service. The food was nicely presented and of good quality. Initially my venison was a little rare for my taste but it was remedied promptly. The dessert was of a generous size, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Have been here a few times over the last couple of months and it has all been really amazing. We used to come here often, years ago but then for a while the food wasn't very good. I think there are new owners in here now as it has completely changed. The food and service was outstanding! I had the duck breast tonight and it was fantastic!!!
The service (by Keegan I think his name was, was great too... super friendly and nothing was a problem)
I'm gluten and dairy free and I know this can be annoying for some restaurants but it wasn't a big deal at all here and my meal was so good.

We will definitely be back.... thanks fora great meal & great service

1  Thank Dionne B