“Excellent value”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Don't be put off by the suburban location. It's 10 minutes straight down Lincoln Rd, which changes its name to Halswell Rd about 1/2 way down. Or stop off on the way back from your trip to Akaroa.

While not exactly "fine dining" it's a step or 2 up from "pub food", but at "pub prices".

Very pleasant ambiance for a casual meal, something a bit special. or a drink in the bar. We went for lunch. Good choices on the menu. Catered for my allergies. Everything looked and tasted wonderful. Nice "clean" and "fresh" taste. Cheerful helpful staff without being OTT.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Went for a meal recently and enjoyed a lovely meal in an elegant building with good service. The food was nicely presented and of good quality. Initially my venison was a little rare for my taste but it was remedied promptly. The dessert was of a generous size, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Have been here a few times over the last couple of months and it has all been really amazing. We used to come here often, years ago but then for a while the food wasn't very good. I think there are new owners in here now as it has completely changed. The food and service was outstanding! I had the duck breast tonight and it was fantastic!!!
The service (by Keegan I think his name was, was great too... super friendly and nothing was a problem)
I'm gluten and dairy free and I know this can be annoying for some restaurants but it wasn't a big deal at all here and my meal was so good.

We will definitely be back.... thanks fora great meal & great service

1  Thank Dionne B
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We visited for lunch. Staff attention excellent and we enjoyed the food. Good wine list. We ate inside this time - there is a bar area and a separate restaurant areas in four rooms. There is a another small bar area in which we noted people were using as a cafe. We can understand why most reviewers rate this restaurant highly. But ...our table was in a large sunroom. We had to move. Two of our party suffer from hearing loss and neither could hear over the noise of the muzak (the waitress did turn the volume down when asked) and the conversation of other diners, the volume of which increased as the room filled up. In common with so many other restaurants in this city, the decor is minimalist so there are no soft furnishings to deaden sound. Our waitress found us a choice of tables on the covered and enclosed deck (and then had to turn down the muzak out there as well) but left the door to the outside open because she had to provide an exit for another customer in a wheelchair. A chill breeze meant we were somewhat discomforted but it was either be chilly or unable to hear and join in conversation. A good venue for anyone without hearing loss.

1  Thank WingerJack
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Had a delicious dinner here with friends. The pork belly was delicious and the portion very big. Service was attentive.

1  Thank kiwichick73