“Delish!!!! ”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Have been here a few times over the last couple of months and it has all been really amazing. We used to come here often, years ago but then for a while the food wasn't very good. I think there are new owners in here now as it has completely changed. The food and service was outstanding! I had the duck breast tonight and it was fantastic!!!
The service (by Keegan I think his name was, was great too... super friendly and nothing was a problem)
I'm gluten and dairy free and I know this can be annoying for some restaurants but it wasn't a big deal at all here and my meal was so good.

We will definitely be back.... thanks fora great meal & great service

1  Thank Dionne B

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We visited for lunch. Staff attention excellent and we enjoyed the food. Good wine list. We ate inside this time - there is a bar area and a separate restaurant areas in four rooms. There is a another small bar area in which we noted people were using as a cafe. We can understand why most reviewers rate this restaurant highly. But ...our table was in a large sunroom. We had to move. Two of our party suffer from hearing loss and neither could hear over the noise of the muzak (the waitress did turn the volume down when asked) and the conversation of other diners, the volume of which increased as the room filled up. In common with so many other restaurants in this city, the decor is minimalist so there are no soft furnishings to deaden sound. Our waitress found us a choice of tables on the covered and enclosed deck (and then had to turn down the muzak out there as well) but left the door to the outside open because she had to provide an exit for another customer in a wheelchair. A chill breeze meant we were somewhat discomforted but it was either be chilly or unable to hear and join in conversation. A good venue for anyone without hearing loss.

1  Thank WingerJack
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Had a delicious dinner here with friends. The pork belly was delicious and the portion very big. Service was attentive.

1  Thank kiwichick73
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I met a friend for lunch last week was a lovely catch up as we haven't seen each other for quite some time but I did feel that the meal was average and maybe a wee bit overpriced for a lunch I ordered the chicken burger it was somewhat dry service was okay but the one soft drink a burger and a coffee I thought $34 was On the dare Side for what it was. It still is a lovely place and its somewhere that I would definitely go back to specially in the summer sitting outside is lovely

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a table at The Old Coverage through the "First Table" website so our meal was early which wasn't a problem for us.
The restaurant was toasty warm and the staff friendly and professional. The food was outstanding. The garlic bread we had as an entree had heaps of garlic butter on it. I had the duck breast on a mash potato bake with baby beets. That was amazing. Loved it. My husband had the steak. Both meals were filling and we didn't have room for dessert.
I would highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely be returning.