“A warm familiar institution”

Dimitris Greek Food
Ranked #5 of 182 Quick Bites in Christchurch
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Dimitris Greek Food has 2 locations Dimitris on Riccarton and Dimitris on Oxford Terrace. Please check our Facebook page for location details and any changes in opening hours.
Reviewed 8 July 2020

As a kid, my Dad used to take us to the Dimitris caravan in the art centre and introduced us to a life long favourite, we always loved it, now when I come to Christchurch From timaru I always try to make sure I get to Dimitris at least once and I take my kids. Dimitris is a Christchurch classic. This family run establishment offers an experience which has remained consistent over the years and if you have ever had a souvlaki from Dimitris you know exactly what you can expect on your next visit. Their delicious sauces, always fresh salad, great quality and selection of meats and other fillings and soft and fluffy pita breads satisfy every time and at a cost that in this day and age is fair and reasonable and has barely changed over the years (As a chef I can tell you that isn’t an easy thing to do). The buildings and locations may have changed over the years, but what makes Dmitris a must for any food lover never has, thanks Dimitris, never change.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank OuiYesChef

Reviewed 23 March 2020

We at Dimitri's Greek Food in mid-March while in Christchurch. A German friend we met had recommended Dimitri's and she was right! Their Souvlaki is great. My wife ordered the lamb souvlaki and I had the chicken souvlaki. Both were served in environmentally correct serving dishes with bamboo forks. The food was excellent and service was fast and friendly. We would really recommend Dimitri's Greek Food when you find yourself in Christchurch.

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank ArtPhemister
Reviewed 16 March 2020

I've loved dimitris for years, from the riccarton site to the van but this ones about the new spot in Riverside market. The double or triple lamb souvilaki reminds me of sitting on Santorini eating gyros with the old Greek chap cooking and chatting away with me. Just perfect tender lamb, always add hummus and hot chilli and it always comes with a grin. I need to get the pork again sometime but its so hard because the lamb is just so damned good. Perfect mix of sauces meat and salad. I can't speak more highly of them. 10/10

Reviewed 26 February 2020

Got the falafel souvlaki. It was absolutely delicious. Only here for a few days but very tempted to go back.

1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Stopped here a couple of times in this new Riverside market complex,absolutely love their souvlaki combinations coupled with the salad and topped with chopped tomatoes and feta etc makes it very tasty

2  Thank Kev H