“Just Brilliant”

Canterbury Aero Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located on the Canterbury Plains halfway down New Zealand's South Island, the Canterbury Aero Club provides world class, professional flights in some of the worlds most stunning terrain. Canterbury Aero Club has a wide range of flight training experiences which offer the perfect way to experience the thrill of flight over Christchurch, Canterbury and New Zealand.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 8 January 2015

We took a 30 minute scenic flight over Christchurch. It was great to see the city at this stage of the rebuild. The mix of empty blocks and new buildings in the CBD is a stark reminder of what happened here. The pilot was very knowledgeable and made the whole experience very enjoyable. In addition it was fascinating experience listening to information from the control tower during take-off and to get a new view of the airport. The flight circled the CBD and then travelled east to the cost before flying over the Port Hills and Lyttelton. I would recommend this flight experience, but it is probably best suited to people who already know Christchurch and its landmarks.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

The best $140 spent during our stay in NZ. Great ariel views of Christchurch by very knowledgeable pilot, worth every cent.

Reviewed 27 November 2014

Girlfriend gave me the best birthday gift ever in the form of an aerobatic training flight with Simon. Was without question the most outstanding flying experience I have had the pleasure of enjoying. Simon was great and after talking me through a few manoeuvres with me on the stick, proceeded to demonstrate some of the sorts of things you would expect to see at an airshow. Couldn't get the smile off my face!

Reviewed 17 October 2014

For anyone interested in aviation or simply wanting a great flight over the city. These guys are a must. Everyone needs to do an intro flight, who knows... you might just end up making a few visits and doing your first solo. Very professional and yet relaxed and friendly at the same time.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

Miles took me on a fabulous flight.. or should I say I took us? I felt safe and well guided. Not complicated and reassured. The sight seeing was just awesome, going to where I wanted to go and as I had a double lesson we were able to travel a fair distance and see many places from the air. Highly recommend this experience.