Lowest prices for your stay
$145
ibis
$145
ZenHotels.com
$137
1,228 results
All reviews cathedral square budget hotel buffet breakfast excellent location business trip small room would stay again city nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

Called ahead to see if check in was possible early. Excellent service by the young lady on the phone, quickly found my booking and confirmed my room as available and it would not be a problem checking in early (4 hours early).
Then on arrival parking for the rental wasn’t an issue either. The poor young man on reception was like a one armed paper hanger, sorting a IT issue while speaking with a customer on the phone and apologising to me for the 2 minute delay in him getting to check me in!!
The room
Was well detour and appointed with the usual tea and coffee. Extra pillows and blankets (not needed).
Daily house keeping is available, however you can decline it by putting out the Do Not Disturb sign. But to ensure that’s what you meant they leave a note in your door offering to return if required. Great service.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Bradley Conder, General Manager at Ibis Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Hello Cameron

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Ibis Christchurch. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thought on the recent stay.

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Bradley Conder, General Manager at Ibis Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Reviewed 7 March 2020

Enjoyed every minute..
Thank you.....perfect location...very central..
can do everything by foot
Great service...thank you specialy to the reception ..
and to the great central service of all Christchurch Novotel..internet services..👍👍👍

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Bradley Conder, General Manager at Ibis Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Hi Helidonia

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 26 February 2020 via mobile

Booked this hotel for two nights just before flying back to England. Last time I had a great stay. However, this time was initially allocated a room with no luggage facilities and very cramped bedroom space. It was changed quickly to a room which was good. Nice bed and plenty of space for luggage. However, sports team staying on the same floor who put their trainers and other equipment in the corridor. The smell was awful and made me feel very sick as I had to walk past a large number of pairs to get to my room. Did speak to the reception staff but nothing done. Not what I expect from a hotel which was one of the more expensive on my trip. Felt more like a backpackers! Never had this before and stayed in many countries and types of accommodation including other Ibis hotels. Very disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello isobelm

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

We have been investigating your complaint and believed we have corrected the issue. I appreciate your sharing your thoughts, it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better redeem ourselves in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

Had two one night stays at this hotel during our trip around New Zealand. Great location in the heart of the city Had a small room on both occasions but was comfortable. Ate in the hotel one night and the restaurant was very quiet. However on the second occasion the restaurant was packed with some sort of tour party so ate at a local Mexican restaurant. Would recommend booking a restaurant as all were very busy. Cathedral Square is just behind the hotel. Lots of shops and restaurants close by.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 170dennisl

Hello dennisl

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us Ibis Christchurch. I'm sorry the restaurant was too busy on the second night to accommodate you. I hope you found a great local restaurant to dine at. we are spoiled for choice in the center of Christchurch now!