Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Peter W
Australia

Outstanding Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Nov 2022via mobile
With a great welcome and chocolate, we were shown to our suite. The room was large with good kitchen facilities, generous toiletries and very generous towelling! You also have the choice to have your suite serviced or not, by use if a notice in the window so you are not disturbed.

Bed comfortable, great shower and spa. Very clean throughout.

The lady at the front desk was also extremely helpful. She offered not only washing powder but softener and laundry sanitizer too! Great to get sorted out before we completed our travels.

Well situated for the town and tourist experiences and info.

We will be back!
    $125
1.4 km from Salerno Motel Apartments
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Christchurch
All reviews good size would stay here again three nights palermo motel bedroom chch sink laundry toaster toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2022 via mobile

We have been to Christchurch five times in as many months due to a family member terminally ill, and wished we'd found this motel at the beginning of our stays in Christchurch.
We stayed here last week for four nights, and this weekend for three nights.
The unit we had both times was unit 8, due to me requesting it on our second stay here.
When we checked in the second time, the lady at reception, handed me our room key straight away, she didn't need to ask me my name.
That is good PR.
The room was very clean and the lady at reception was very friendly and obliging.
The unit was quite large. In the lounge/bedroom there was a wardrobe, two seater couch, an armchair and table and two chairs.
The bed was a king and that was really comfortable.
The bathroom was also a good size.
Only faults, one of which is quite common in motels, the only mirror is in the bathroom, if there was one on the wardrobe door or a wall I could have put my makeup on in lounge leaving husband to use the bathroom sooner.
The carparks could be numbered so you could park outside your unit, which helps when you have knee trouble.
The basin in the bathroom slopes away from the plug hole, so there is always water in the sink which really annoyed me.
The iron and ironing board, were a bit rickety, just cheapies. They worked OK, but the ironing board was very wobbly.
As I said I would stay here again, if we were in Christchurch.
Thanks Salerno management and staff for a job very well done.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 4 September 2022 via mobile

Came across this at last minute after booking the wrong week for another motel.
Last one available on a Friday.
Can’t fault the cleanliness or helpful receptionist.

We had the disability room which was very spacious.
Small kitchenette but toaster etc way to high up for anyone in a wheel chair.

Could do with a few hooks to hang toilet bag or clothes in the bathroom but otherwise excellent.

Many thanks

Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed 1 June 2020 via mobile

So I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. All was wonderful apart from being woken up at 3am by another couple staying. It was a warm night and we left the windows slightly open. To then be woken up by the strong smell of marijuana coming from the next room. I rang the desk to inform them and there was no answer. When I checked out the next morning I tried to inform the manager about it and they just shrugged it off. Other than that it was a nice clean place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 3 October 2019

I stayed here with my daughter for a sporting trip. The 2 room unit was a generous size and had everything we needed. The property was very clean and well maintained. Walking distance to many good eateries and bars and close to the city center. Great price for the level of accommodation, and friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend!

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank MataoSR
Reviewed 27 February 2019

Loved this place - we arrived on the train, the coastal Pacific, and the sweet staff kept reception open for us, bed was super big and comfy and sheets were top quality, not awful polyester ...bathroom giant and had a spa. Good choice of coffee and tea and a spacious bar fridge for us to use, good location not too far from down town. Just a short bus ride or a ten or so minute walk, the highlight though was the honesty and efficiency of the staff, i left my Fitbit in the room, and with a simple phone call they posted it to my next destination where it arrived safely ...now that’s what I call superb customer service,

Date of stay: February 2019