Ways to Experience Christchurch Cathedral
from US$60.89
from US$250.72
from US$90.79
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2019

I visited the cathedral many years ago and saw pictures on the news right after the earthquake. But nothing prepared me for the damage that had been done to this landmark that is so much Christchurch. I truly hope it is rebuilt in the near future so it can once again represent the wonderful city and people of Christchurch.

Reviewed 29 August 2019 via mobile

I'm not from Christchurch, but have come here for a holiday and to see the Cathedral building and it's damage. I understand some would like to restore and others pull it down! I would like to see it left as it is. A reminder of the history and the damaging power of the Christchurch quake. But would remove the solid fence and replace with heavy perspecs or glass for public safety. And if it falls down in 15 or 40 years then so be it. But it's not my city so my opinion should be not heard as loud as those from Christchurch. It does give the likes of us new to Christchurch an insight to the destruction and terror you guys must have gone through, and the enormous task to rebuild the city

Reviewed 26 August 2019

We were completely shocked by what we saw...and felt immense sadness...for both the city and the people of the Cathedral.

Reviewed 25 August 2019

First time to Christchurch, I had expected to see the effects of such a monumental event as the 2011 earthquake but not to the extend I experienced. And I was dumbfounded that what I thought was the focal point of ChCh is still in ruins. Perhaps the task is too overwhelming and too expensive? Perhaps it is just sitting there waiting for the next catastrophe to finally succumb? To see pigeons living in it's massive timbers, just made me terribly sad.

Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

So sad to see this lovely iconic Christchurch landmark so badly damaged & neglected. It’s still not fixed after 8 years since the terrible/fateful February 22, 2011 earthquake. Nobody is allowed to get inside, hence, the fences around it, but, you could see, there was heaps of damage. The building has become an “eyesore”, instead of an attraction, for the city as the yard was surrounded by overgrown weeds.