Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$128
CheapTicketsUS$129
Orbitz.comUS$129
TravelocityUS$129
1,392 results
All reviews cathedral square accor member valet parking bathroom sink central location hand basin breakfast buffet executive room the heart of the city good size new zealand mini bar comfy bed south island earthquake concierge tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2021

We stayed there for 4 nights and our children stayed in the room next to ours for 2 nights. Staff at reception was very good. Unfortunately did not inform us how our wi-fi worked. The room was spacious and we had an awesome view on the cathedral and could see how they worked there. Unfortunately no windows can open and having glaucoma, we had to switch the aircon off by times. Great toiletries and coffee station. Staff at the bar at night was great but when we wanted to have lunch, it was nearly impossible. We waited very long (had a drink) asked for a menu and as we decided to leave was only asked if we wanted to lunch. These are really small things compared to a lovely stay. Our children came with their car and had no problem getting parking in the street. Thanks very much.

Date of stay: May 2021
Bradley Conder, General Manager at Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Hello Tersia

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square.

Just so you know for next time we do offer free wifi for our members. You can sign up instantly at any accor hotel and it doesn’t cost a cent. This is the same standard set across all accor hotels in Australian and New Zealand.

I hope you were not informed that we had opening windows at the hotel. Please let us know where you received this information so we can correct it.

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

I have stayed several times at the Novotel Christchurch. The staff have always been helpful and professional. The facilities are great and as one would expect from a Novotel. I would say that the outside windows could do with a clean, as the view out of an upper floor room was spoiled by the dust from nearby construction.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Nathan

Thanks for the fabulous feedback. I can let you know we have just completed a full window clean at the hotel, no small task on a 14 story building!

We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2021

Location is central. Parking is very easy. Staff is amazing - especially for "Hannah" (the Japanese lady): very attentive to details and our children. She was always full of smiles and welcoming, diligent and helpful. We needed a door wedge and Hannah made one out of 2 magazines! Thank you for making our stay so memorable. The rooms are up to standard for a Novotel. Both the bar and restaurant are very pleasant to consume at. We will definitely stay again.

Hello 988edmundl

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square. We pride ourselves on providing genuine service so it’s fantastic to hear you had a great experience with us. Hearing we have helpful and friendly staff is the best compliment I can receive as a general manager, thank you and rest assure I will pass the comments along

We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2021

I like staying here, but the place is a bit dirty and rundown
The rooms should be vacuumed more regularly, my pillow fell on the floor and when I picked it up it was covered in dust and hair.
You need to check the powerpoints in the rooms, mine wasn’t working.

On the plus side, I love the breakfast and the staff are friendly, and the location is good.
Compared to a nearby hotel the Novotel is very dirty.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ozlad99

Hi Ozlad99

We have not lived up to the expectation we set ourselves during your stay. I have shared your comments with the leadership team and we have made some changes to our internal processes to ensure your issues were isolated

I appreciate your sharing your thoughts, it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better redeem ourselves in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2021

Booked 3 rooms , rooms were great , booked restaurant for dinner , ordered bucket of ice to be sent to room on arrival , they must have been making the ice by hand , never arrived , restaurant is an absolute disaster , couldn't find our booking , waited 1 hour 15 m for 3 of the 5 mains to arrive , another 15 mins for the next meals (food was good however there were only 4 tables occupied that night ) , we were offered complimentary Desserts .... which we accepted ....only to be told the kitchen had actually run out or desserts ... as a Accor member it was surprising to not have any welcome card in our room , felt we were an inconvenience to be honest , service well below par.

Room tip: Eat somewhere else unless you have an hour or two to wait for your food

Hello DJ

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Negative feedback about our customer service is the most disappointing feedback of all to receive as a general manager. We have fallen short of our own expectation and I am very sorry. Please rest assured your comments are being followed up internally

You have provided some particularly valuable insights that I’ve been able to discuss with my respective teams. I’d also like to apologise for the areas that didn’t meet your expectations.