“YUM food and treats”
Review of Copenhagen Bakery

Copenhagen Bakery
Ranked #14 of 183 Quick Bites in Christchurch
Cuisines: European
Description: European and Danish style Bakery and cafe with freshly baked breads, pastries and cakes each day. A very full and delightful array of freshly baked cabinet food on display each day but Sundays and Public Holidays. The only bakery in Christchurch with such a vast variety of freshly filled salad rolls filled from scratch every day from their freshly baked sour dough breads. Catering for take out and dining in, also deliveries to businesses within town for morning tea and lunch shouts. Production of award winning hot pies and tasty savourys and many other products. All products are baked on site from artisan and scratch baking methods including sour dough breads and only using the very best of ingredients.
Reviewed 7 November 2022

Ate here twice in one weekend whilst in chch. Nice coffee, beautiful berry custard tart. Ficelle with ham and cheese toasted also very nice.

Date of visit: November 2022

Reviewed 2 September 2022

I love their choc/caramel tarts, satay chicken savouries and bacon and egg crossiants.

But today I tried an apple turnover for the first time. It was elite! So much apple, the right amount of cream and the pastry was divine. Yum So good. Will have to try something new next time.

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 15 May 2022

Always great food, I would certainly highly recommend it. I have been going here for years even when in was in town...

Date of visit: April 2022
1  Thank Kimstemp
Reviewed 14 February 2022 via mobile

Popped in once from a recommendation and can’t stop going back!

Quite possibly the best pies I’ve had (and I’ve had a few). The sandwiches, bagels, rolls, etc are all outstanding because it starts with the bread which is unrivalled.

Todays treat was a ciabatta with bacon and avo - absolutely outstanding! Bread was tasty and light with the filling just complementing the great baking,

My wife can vouch for the cakes as she’s the sweet tooth of the family and is never let down with the selection.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 10 December 2021 via mobile

Good coffee (not ultra-coffee-snub amazing but a solid good), yummy pastries and the bread looks AMAZING.
Don’t understand the terrible reviews and glad I went anyway.
I asked about Kanelsnegle (couldn’t remember the name) but with some nuts in it. It’s the one outstanding pastry I remember in Copenhagen that I haven’t been able to find outside of Denmark. The cashier didn’t understand what I wasn’t making a lot of sense either!

Date of visit: December 2021