“Superb Dining Experience”

Ranked #21 of 1,054 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dux Dine is a reflection of the past but a move into the future. A contemporary feeling, with fresh local seafood and vegetarian delights, Dux Dine has plenty to offer. Our delicious New Zealand wines and Dux craft beers are certainly a crowd pleaser. Dux Dine is situated in a historic turn-of-the-century Villa that was originally the Station Masters House for the Riccarton Railway. The villa has been extensively but sympathetically reworked to provide a variety of spaces to be enjoyed whether it be an intimate candlelit dinner for two, a large group celebration at one of the huge Kauri tables, grabbing a morning coffee at the breakfast bar, enjoyi Dux Dine has many reminiscences of the iconic Dux de Lux yet new and fresh while remaining comfortably familiar. Many of the old favourites can be seen on the menu as well as exciting fresh new foods and ideas. Dux Dine offers many setting options, from relaxing in a lounge, formal table setting to sitting in our sun drenched court yard. Whether it be a small group, special lunch or dinner, corporate event, product launch or company celebration we can cater for your needs. As a company we are passionate about supporting the local businesses around us. The seafood served in the restaurant is frequently sourced from Akaroa, Stuart Island and the West and East Coast including Southern Glory Oysters. With the ever changing environment, Dux Dine is pleased to say that we are environmentally friendly. Coffee cups, take away containers, and menus are all recycled.
Reviewed 21 June 2016

My first time at Dux Dine visiting from the UK. From start to finish this was a wonderful dining experience. Warm welcome, comfy seating & drinks arrived very quickly. The food was exceptional along with the service. Fantastic value, highly recommended.

Ross H, General Manager at Dux Dine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Hello tripper12London
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent Dux Dine experience.
It is heartening to read such a positive review from someone as well travelled and dined as yourself.
We are all pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope the rest of your New Zealand travels were as enjoyable.
Travel safe and we hope to see you back this way again in the future.
Dux Group

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

One of my favourite restaurants in Christchurch, every time I've been here has been exceptional with service, food and ambience! Recommend to all! Even got my meat loving dad to try the haloumi salad!!!

Ross H, General Manager at Dux Dine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Hello Sarah B
Thank you for posting your review of your experiences with us here at Dux Dine.
I am pleased you have a favorite restaurant and especially so as it is ours, and well done you for getting your dad to step outside of his comfort zone.
WE're looking for ward to seeing you back again very soon and for a long time to come.
Dux Group

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

I don't like writing reviews after all who the hell am I to judge. Was here for lunch on Tuesday. 7 of us. No one offered us water when we sat down. We had to ask for water. Food took its time coming out. I had baked fish. When the plates were collected I said to the waiting staff, I found fish scales on my plate. No sorry no nothing. Nice setting but most likely not to return.

Ross H, General Manager at Dux Dine, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Hello Artikaran
Thank you for posting you review. I am disappointed to read our service obviously let us down on this occasion and have called a meeting to discuss this matter with urgency regarding some of the obviously simple things.
I do hope you might venture back some time and that our service has improved.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Very comfortable to dine alone at Dux Dine. Great menu and the vegetable side is generous and delicious.

Hello RAR1962
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding our offering and surroundings here at Dux Dine. I am very leased you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you back again when you are next in Christchurch.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Came in today for a ladies lunch.the food was beautiful and very well seasoned. Service was okay but not amazing a little less attitude from the waitress would of been lovely. Thankyou everyone and great job chefs!!!

Hello samantha f
Thank you for posting your review of your ladies lunch yesterday.
While i am pleased you enjoyed your meals however will be following up with the staff regarding the less than satisfying service from one of our staff.
Thank you again and I do hope to see you back again some time soon.
Genera Manager