“Favourite restaurant me and my wife to go to. Best Falafel I've ever had.”

Costas Taverna Greek Restaurant and Ouzo Bar
Ranked #16 of 1,221 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Costas Taverna is a place to celebrate the simple joys in life... family, friends, conversation and great food.
Reviewed 19 January 2020

Favourite restaurant full stop for me and my wife to go to.

The Souvlaki platters are amazing. The falafel one is the best falafel I've had, hands down. Chicken is also incredibly good.

The garlic pita bread starter is outstanding, we always get it when with a larger group (the platters are a good full sized meal for us).

Costas Illusion cocktail is very nice, and the frozen granita jug is a good option with multiple people.

Always had good experiences here with probably over 10 visits.

Date of visit: January 2020
CostasTaverna, Owner at Costas Taverna Greek Restaurant and Ouzo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2020

Hi Richard!
Thanks so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon. :)

Reviewed 9 January 2020 via mobile

My wife and I shared muscles for an entree and a souvlaki platter for a main. Delicious. This is the first time I’ve been to a Greek restaurant and I loved it.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 19 December 2019 via mobile

We're from the UK, been on South Island for 24 glorious days. This is easily the best food we've had on SI! Didn't book and initially disappointed but the found us a table. I had the chicken skewers, Sue had her favourite the Moussaka. Wow, great flavours, like being back in Greece. Finished with Metaxa! Love to come back but flying out tomorrow, thanks for great food and the memory!

Reviewed 12 December 2019

If I lived in Christchurch it would be my go to place, however we dont but when we visit we make sure we eat here.

The food is great, the service excellent. We live in Arrowtown, please open a branch in Queenstown or Arrowtown, there is no Greek restaurant in either of these and you would be booked out every night.

1  Thank ngaire b
Reviewed 8 December 2019

most amazing experience - beautiful food, great prices, friendly service and all in all a memorable experience. would advise you to book as we went monday night after booking and the restaurant was full. probably one of the best meals out we have had for a long time