All reviews city centre bp petrol station functional kitchenette complimentary tea and coffee comfy bed small supermarket large tv off street parking bus stop right heat pump shower curtain check in was easy single bed free wifi few minutes walk units motel
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

This is my second stay. I have stayed in four other places in Christchurch and this is the only one to which I have returned, and would again. We stayed in cottage number 8 which is well back from the road. At night it was very quiet with no road noise at all. The room was clean, comfortable and very private. Check-in was easy and even though we arrived early this was not a problem as the room was ready. For the price, you won't get something like this elsewhere in Christchurch and any negatives that could be mentioned may be a little picky and made by people expecting a five star hotel with a three star price.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley L
Niranhala G, Manager at Cranford Cottages and Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you very much for the feedback!
Great pleasure to read you enjoyed the cottages. The native bushes around them are grown and make them very private.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Good sized rooms, comfortable and private. TV is bigger than usual, and the room had a full kitchenette. Located in essentially a residential area, not many restaurants or shops nearby. But it was a quiet place, and not far from the city center. Laundry is not free anymore, but it's a very reasonable price.

Room tip: The back-facing rooms are probably quieter.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I was looking for a reasonably priced motel for my teenage daughter and I which I booked online. We were in an upstairs unit with one bedroom and a single bed in the lounge. The staff were friendly and helpful. The unit clean and well maintained, and was serviced every day, the staff even did our dishes while we were out. There was a large TV and free WIFI, which was unfortunately a bit slow. The beds were super comfortable and the units quiet as they are set back off the street. There is a full kitchen and complimentary tea and coffee. There are only three of each utensils, cups, plates and bowls so had to wash the dishes after each meal. Electric blankets on the beds and a heat pump in the lounge. The shower had good pressure but no shelf to put your toiletries on. The stainless steel shower tray was also a bit slippery. Off street parking in front of the units. The motel is a short walk from a small supermarket, BP petrol station, restaurants and takeaways. Five minutes drive away is The Palms Mall and central Christchurch. There is a bus stop at the gate. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a comfortable base to come back to after being out for the day.

Room tip: If you are in the motel units upstairs is good. No glare from car headlights as they come in.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Niranhala G, Manager at Cranford Cottages and Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you very much for all the comments. We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Actually booked a cottage this time.
We have stayed here many times as it is accessible, close to the city and close to everything else.
We found the Cottages are worth the little bit extra - warmer and more comfy.
And great shower!
Clean and tidy.
Friendly and helpful staff.
A good price.
What more could you want?

I am told that some people find the cottages by the road a little noisy - we haven't been in one but be warned.
Of course people tolerance for such things varies a lot.

Room tip: Cottages are the best!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

Thank you very much and please feel free to call us any time on 03 3792406 for receiving the best deal and the best cottage required for you!

Kind Regards
Cranford Motel Team

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We stayed in the motel side, which is a bit older as it survived the earthquakes, although it was still renovated in 2013. The room was clean and had everything we needed, including a kitchenette so we could cook for ourselves, and the bed was amazingly comfortable! The #28 bus from the Central Bus Station goes past every 15-20 minutes and even goes up to the Northland Shopping Centre at Papanui if you want to do a bigger shop and the bus ticket will allow you a free transfer to return within 2 hours. There is plenty of car parking, which was great when we picked up our freebie 'rental relocation' vehicle for the next leg to Picton and is it s 12-seater!! Haha! I could even meet all my unavoidable work commitments with wifi that did not let me down at all, day or night. The lady who manages the place is fantastic and soooo friendly and helpful (and I feel bad I don't know her name). I would definitely stay here if I visit Christchurch again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Niranjala G, Owner at Cranford Cottages and Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us.
Great pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us.