Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$105
Hotels.comUS$95
CheapTicketsUS$95
FindHotelUS$95
TravelocityUS$95
eDreamsUS$105
All reviews spa bath within walking distance comfortable bed ten minute walk sky tv studio unit two nights new zealand a great place to stay cathedral square quiet location enjoyed our stay free wifi good size south island excellent location first floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2019

In short it was faultless, perfect location in a quiet street at night rather than the busy road 200 meters away, close to the city, so multiple restaurants and a short stroll back to cap off a day, bed very comfy, choice of pillow, everything you need to cook for yourself, lovely big leather chairs to relax in and watch TV. Bathroom had everything supplied
The unit was clean
Very good value. We will be back.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ColomboInTheCity, Owner at Colombo in the City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2019

Always appreciate repeat guests. Glad you enjoyed as we are only as good as our reviews and it is all about location location location.

Reviewed 25 September 2019

I was llooking for a good value that was walking distance to town.
This was just ok.
Close to town, easy to find with a kitchenette that was great for morning coffee.
GREAT water pressure in the shower!

However, the "king" size bed was two twins together. NOrmally that would be fine however, the connection bar was not padded and make it impossible to sleep on the entire bed.

Entry was a large sliding glass door which took up one entire wall. I was on the ground floor and couldn't open the curtains when I was in my room.

Housekeeping came early in the morning so I couldn't lounge.
THere was no way to hang a DND sign.

For the price of NZ$117 I wish I had booked different accommodation.

Room tip: Ask for a room upstairs away from the car park.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights to attend a special event and was pleased it was exactly as promoted. Nicely furnished and convenient location. Probably one of smallest tvs in such a large room and took ages for wall heater to warm the room as you couldn't leave it on without room access card in place so wasn't warm if you went out.
The coloured coverlet at foot of bed had stains on underside so removed it for spare blanket from wardrobe. Also wins the award for the hardest pillows ever.. Think they were either feather or rubber but could've killed someone if you threw it at them!
Still would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2019

The team at Columbo in the City are very friendly and helpful. My room was spacious, well appointed and quite cozy. I spent four nights at this property and would not hesitate to return on my next visit to Christchurch. The motel is located in close walking distance to many fine restaurants in the CBD.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mark C
ColomboInTheCity, Owner at Colombo in the City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Thanks see you again sometime. We always say it is the best location in town.

Reviewed 1 May 2019 via mobile

I had a reservation through Agoda which apparently resulted in this property being overbooked. The Colombo cancelled the reservation but apparently neglected to inform Agoda and return the money and Agoda won’t refund the money because they are treating it as if I had cancelled the reservation, which I did not.

I can’t review the actual property, which looked fine as I walked past it, because they cancelled my reservation but kept the money. Agoda is not a treat to deal with either.

Date of stay: February 2019