Lowest prices for your stay
$215
Seajayrob
Thames, New Zealand

Great staff, good location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Jun 2022via mobile
The hotel has been recently refurbished and is looking pristine.

The staff were exceptionally helpful, friendly and attentive.

The restaurant provided good simple meals and the location is perfect for early morning airport departures. There is loads of parking and an easy walk from the airport if needed.

Recommend the hotel for meetings and conference facilities
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 27 Jun 2022
Dear Seajayrob

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

$225
    $170
9.1 km from Sudima Christchurch Airport
View more hotels in Christchurch
2,197 results
All reviews christchurch airport an early flight after midnight new zealand next morning late arrival late at night one night stay an overnight stay the ground floor rental car convenient location shuttle arrivals supermarket convenience luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2022 via mobile

I have used this hotel regularly over the years. The service has dropped considerably over the last few months. Gone are the friendly staff who go out of their way to assist. Replaced by the unhelpful variety. Shame and this is seen as progress!!!

Room tip: Watch out for the non helpful staff
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Varun Bhatia, General Manager at Sudima Christchurch Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

Dear Martin

I am sorry that on this occasion your experience did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies. As you may be aware we have just re-opened after a couple of years and are constantly refining our service so we can offer you the same experience we are known for.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2022 via mobile

I had previously done an MIQ stint at the Sudima Rotorua and didn’t think it could get any worse. I was wrong. This is a run down and dingy airport motel. It was the smallest hotel room and “king” size bed I’ve ever seen. From the stained carpet to the moldy shower the place is just gross. I had to use one of my precious towels (you only get 2 for your whole stay) to cover the chair that was so stained and filthy. I didn’t want to sit on it. There were giant rubbish bins in the corridor (they are supposed to collect your rubbish daily from outside your room but are too lazy here so you have to risk exposure by doing it yourself) leading to a pervasive odor and the windows don’t open so there is no way to get any fresh air and a vent in the room just pumps out foul air all day. Food was average but they couldn’t be bothered with breakfast so it was usually cold cereal or yogurt. Every other MIQ facility does hot cooked breakfasts. This should not be an MIQ facility and the paper sign they taped up outside with 4 stars doesn’t change it from a 1 star motel. If you need an airport hotel, there is a Novotel right at the airport. Avoid Sudima hotels at all costs.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi sb444

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that this review is not valid we were operating as an MIQ and not a normal hotel.

Many of the aspects that you have touched on were governed by Infection Prevention and Control guidelines provided to us by CDHB like the bins in the corridor, constant fresh air intake and so on.

Thanks for writing anyways and I hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you, now that we are re-open.

Reviewed 17 December 2021

Nothing 5 star about this place. 2 star at most. One good thing it is close to the Christchurch airport. That’s it. Small, tired, noisey and dirty rooms. Gross. Windows don’t open on ground floor unit and “view” is depressing. Asked reception to move but they said “no”. Dec 17-24, 2021

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2021

Beware, the photos on the website look nothing like the scruffy, dated, tiny room that I’ve been allocated. My room comprises a small hard bed, table, tiny fridge, small wardrobe and a couple of hard chairs. There is no couch or armchair. The television is small and basic. The tired, very compact bathroom has a shower, toilet and sink. Nothing like the colourful pics on the website which show a spacious bathroom with a bath! You cant even open the windows which makes it feel VERY claustrophobic. From what I’ve seen so far, the ‘hotel’ has long drab corridors reminiscent of a hospital or even budget student accommodation. The food varies between inedible to just about okay. The curries were the highlight of the week. Overall acceptable for a one night stay but not for anything longer.

Room tip: Inspect your room before accepting it
Date of stay: November 2021

Dear Paul

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not pleased with your room. Our hotel has various different room types, all of them are advertised on our website. As an MIQ we had to use all our room types due to the demand on the system.

I hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you, now that we are re-open.

Varun

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

I felt I just needed to express my gratitude to all the team at the Sudima Hotel from 23 July-6 Aug.This wasn’t an experience I was looking forward to .I have to say the professionalism,helpfulness,kindness and efficiency from the nurses,wellness teams,defence personnel ,reception staff ,cleaners and cooks was faultless.Although they were never closer than 2 metres from you they treated you with respect and always a pleasant manner.Even the barista coffee was a hit to someone sitting alone in a room.The food was very good for bulk cooking .The daily newsletters and menus were welcomed and enjoyed.The final touch on the second last day was a bag of pineapple lumps with a sticker saying ‘Your Awesome’ and congratulations on reaching Day 12 and you are almost there!!!!The policewoman that cut off my blueband as I was released even helped me to my escape vehicle with all my luggage!!!!....a great experience considering I was in isolation and I can’t thank you enough for me maintaining my sanity over the 2 weeks.Please pass my thanks on to all staff working over this time.Margot Gazeley (Nelson)

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Margot

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your isolation stay, our team works very hard behind the scenes to ensure everyone is looked after.

Thank you again for writing and I look forward to welcoming you back, now that we are re-open.