“A delightful surprise”

Addington Coffee Co-op
Ranked #6 of 183 Quick Bites in Christchurch
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We roast our own fair trade organic Jail Breaker coffee onsite. There's free WiFi in the cafe, and we even have our own coin-operated laundromat. The Addington Store stocks eco-friendly, fairly traded, and/or locally produced gifts and groceries. We also stock Liminal Apparel's range of fair trade organic t-shirts and bags made at Freeset in Kolkata.
Reviewed 13 July 2021

After regularly driving past the narrow doorway of this establishment for the past few years, I found myself in Lincoln Road on foot and in a position to need a break and a coffee. After walking past then backtracking when the attached bookshop caught my eye, I entered this emporium of goodness. The warmth of the staff and surrounds enveloped me. I spent the next hour and a half browsing eating drinking and soaking in the delicious atmosphere. I returned again today to experience the same vibe and the same top quality food ( cheeses scones 11 out of 10) coffee and service. Thank you for being there to make my day so special.

Date of visit: July 2021

Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

Took us over 10 minutes to get to counter (even though the queue was very short) & then horrible service as they shut the kitchen on us.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

This is such a funky cafe with delicious food. It never disappoints!

Love the community vibe and the flags if different countries you get instead of a table or order number.

Got here a little late today (after 2) and the kitchen had already close which was a shame. But never fear - they have great cabinet food too. We got the vegetarian sandwich which was full of yummy portobello mushrooms and cheese, as well as a passionfruit cake, plus a got chocolate and a mango smoothie. All were very good and highly recommended.

Will definitely visit again. And hopefully next time we'll be a bit better organized and come early enough to order off the menu again.

Highly recommend this cool little cafe.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank Kiwi-1976
Reviewed 18 January 2021

I come here quite regularly and am yet to be disappointed! The food is always delicious, they have great vegan options, and are ethical which is very nice! The staff are friendly and polite even when super busy (which does happen because it’s very popular usually!). I am yet to find a cafe in Christchurch that beats the food, service and atmosphere here. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Kaitlin K
Reviewed 14 November 2020

Came in for the first time. It was a busy Saturday morning but we were served quickly. I had the mushrooms from the brunch menu and my son had the pancakes. Both were absolutely delicious. The cabinet food looked awesome too. We found the staff friendly. Prices reasonable. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: November 2020