“Perfect place for a birthday treat!”
Review of Rascal

Rascal
Reserve a table
Ranked #2 of 1,221 Restaurants in Christchurch
Description: Rascal is a modern bistro + dining bar serving fresh, fun food + drinks in the heart of Christchurch City. The Rascal way of dining is all about sharing. Everything is designed to be sampled by the table, and dishes arrive as they are made. It’s a social affair in every way, with casual, attentive service that makes sure everyone is well looked after. Open for brunch and lunch on Thursday and Friday. Open for dinner, drinks + snacks Tuesday to Saturday. Pull up a seat at the bar to find out more.
Reviewed 11 July 2023

My friends and I had a wonderful time enjoying amazing cocktails and food throughout the evening. We had a nice spot by the fire place which was perfect for the cold night. The staff who served us were friendly and went the extra mile to accommodate our needs.

I look forward to my next visit and have recommended Rascal to family and friends.

Reviewed 8 July 2023

Really enjoyed our meal, the shared plates were a fun idea. We had 6 different plates and they were all delicious. Our favourite was definitely the Pork Belly with candyfloss. Whilst the portions were not huge we definitely had ample but still managed the truffles, apple wonton s and cheese plate for dessert. Would definitely go back both the service and food were great.

1  Thank smgdfea
Reviewed 8 July 2023

I came here with friends and we weren’t disappointed. The menu is a sharing menu and full if Interesting and well thought out dishes that I have never seen before. The service was fantastic. I’m looking forward to coming back to try more plates.

1  Thank TheFatBug
Reviewed 27 June 2023

Rascal is an emerging star on the cocktail and canapés front. I've visited twice and still I am thinking about those Karage mushrooms with the miso mayo and more recently the crab panipuri with mandarin. This is the most intriguing and innovative food i've eaten in a long time. The flavour combinations push the boundaries of what one would consider conventional, I guess that is the definition of being a Rascal? When you read the menu, you do a double take, donuts with mushroom ketchup I hear you say? Banoffee wontons on the dessert menu? But all of these unusual combinations really work. Not only is the food inventive and fun, the drinks menu is up to the challenge too. The cocktails change frequently and of course there are some favourites that stand the test of time. If cocktails aren't your thing, there are plenty of other options with which to whet the palate. Rascal is a lovely place to spend an evening exploring unique food parings matched with an excellent array of beverages.

Date of visit: June 2023
2  Thank surfsup99
Reviewed 21 June 2023

Spur of the moment booking, but had a table ready and waiting for us. My 2nd visit, my friends first. Food is superb. So, so good, and really interesting. We were fascinated when we saw candy floss on another table - turned out to be on top of delicious pork bites. It was my friends fav, I couldnt decide if the crab or tartare was mine. But loved the Feijoa and Ginger Margarita! We will definitely be back to keep trying more dishes from the menu.

Date of visit: May 2023