Review Highlights
Amazing

These workshops are life changing, going on them as a model you are welcomed with open arms by... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2019
Georgia B
Yippppeeeee .... Scott Fowler's photo workshops lift your skill to capture images and enjoy life

Reviewed 19 July 2019
birdman222015
Darfield, New Zealand

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2019

I am a 2 course alumni and looking to attend a third. My photographic skills have been enhanced, expanded, challenged with new techniques through an exciting opportunity set in some of the most beautiful landscapes in NZ. A small group (8) that sparks off each other under a watchful eye of Scott. Field trips to capture the best of conditions for lighting and subject are followed by excellent instruction and guidance on processing techniques. It is an inspiring educational and fun experience. Scott's knowledge of local locations and subjects is a bonus to add to the comfortable accommodation and delightful food and comradeship. You will emerge with new friends new skills and an appreciation of this beautiful land.

Date of experience: July 2019
scottfowlerphotograp, Owner at Scott Fowler, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Hi Rob, thank you for the review

Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

Scott gives 110% all the time and he shares his knowledge willingly. I have learnt a tremendous amount from him and really enjoy his fun and friendly workshops

Date of experience: June 2019

Reviewed 19 July 2019

I have had the privilege of attending two of Scott's week long winter landscape photography workshops based in the Maniototo. Each year has been totally different weather, the landscape is always changing, a landscape photographers dream destination.
A "Wow" experience in all aspects. Amazing tutor, awesome accommodation, access to some wonderful places that the general public don't get to see, stunning scenery, post-processing help, great team to be with.
I have learnt a lot on each trip and have been able to take my photography to another level.
I would highly recommend Scott's workshops no matter what genre of photography you are interested in.
A unique experience and a great investment.
I have already booked in for a couple more workshops, so looking forward to these opportunities.
Thanks Scott, you are a master and we are truly grateful that you are happy to teach and share your wonderful knowledge.

Date of experience: July 2019

Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

Scott Fowler is a creative, exciting and intuitive tutor who invigorates your passion for photography. Heis truly and honestly interested in developing your progress in producing images that are outstanding and unique

Date of experience: January 2019

Reviewed 18 July 2019

Scott is an enthusiastic, patient, very knowledgeable, inclusive and fun instructor / teacher / coach. Scott took me to Otematata and we settled into the homestead there, which is old but comfortable and he built a brililant fire that warmed the place up.Unfortunately I was exhuasted before I arrived so I was pleased that the bed was very comfortable. The amenities are old but fine. Its a fantastic location and a privilege to be able to access the locations Scott has access to.

As I was so tired I didn't participate in the editing sessions very much, but Scott spent time with me as I edited an image, showing me some aspects of photoshop and how to use a graphics tablet instead of a mouse. You have opportunities to see what other people are doing and to share your knowledge with each other, which is really good too.

Shelley Harvey, the make up artist, does an incredible job and is also full of energy!

Scott guided me on how to shoot with the model, Gemma. He encouraged me to think about which angles I will shoot from, and explained how to build a relationship with the model, and keep talking to them, and to try different things! Scott was happy to move lights at my request to get the effect I wanted and he reminded me to check my histogram (first big lesson from the creative workshop). Scott allowed us to bring items to dress the model in, and let us accessorise her and direct her. He showed us what we can do and gave lots of different settings in which to do so. Very beautiful looking and natured model, Gemma was superb. There was some setting up of scenes, but some of my favourite shots were ones I edited differently or shot from different angles than other people.

There was an opportunity to try several different techniques that I had not tried before and that was exciting. I am constantly amazed at the energy and creativity from Scott and the group and the way that we collaborated together.

There were opportunities to do portrait work, and Scott showed me how to do astro photography one night. Mornings provide opportunities for stunning sunrises and evenings for sunsets. The landscape is really something and we had chances to shoot around the farm also. There are horses as its a working farm.

I would highly recommend this, or any workshop with Scott Fowler.

Date of experience: May 2019

Hi thank you for the review