We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christchurch
Thistle Guest House
Ranked #78 of 140 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Stayed here for two months and the Goodfellows are truly good fellows in every sense of the word. The coldness you feel staying in hotels is absolutely absent and you only feel the warmth of the Thistle that radiates primarily from the hosts. Great accommodation for students. Great value for convenience and friendliness which I price above others. 5/5

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was so pleasantly surprised with how tidy, clean and comfortable the place was. We had just arrived from a 4-star hotel and Thistle's double bedroom had tv, fridge, jug, complimentary tea&coffee and welcoming biscuit to give the that same feel good ambience. Combined with the added flexibility of the use of its homely kitchen and lounge made our stay very lovely indeed. Many Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chye_family
John and Alison G, Owner at Thistle Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments - so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you can return!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at this Guest House for 2 nights last weekend April 2014. I was in Room 1 which had a queen bed & ensuite. The accomodation was clean & comfortable with a TV & Fridge with electric jug & cups for tea/coffee. The shared kitchen & guest lounge made the stay very homely. John, the host picked me up from the airport, which I really appreciated & was very helpful during my two day visit. This accommodation is good value & exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
John and Alison G, Owner at Thistle Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments, Trish. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle and hope we can accommodate you on another occasion.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The familiarity of the guest house made us choose to stay in this place again after 2 years. Great place, great host! Just a pity that we didn't have time to enjoy our stay thoroughly as we checked in only after 12 midnight and had to leave very early the next morning. We had a little trouble finding the mailbox in the night though. It was just right in front of us but we missed it!

We had booked the same room this time - the double ensuite and it was just as comfy and cozy. I was looking forward to that little butter cookie in fact :)

All in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
John and Alison G, Owner at Thistle Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your encouraging comments - so glad you enjoyed staying at the Thistle again.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have lived there for over 5 months, at first I book for a month while I was studying English in the University, but in the first week I new I wanted to stay longer.
John, Alisson and Archier are just the best, friendly, helpful, honest, hard workers and really committed to the guests.
Location is just great 10 minutes walk to the university, or 20 minutes by many buses lines across the street to the city, the airport is also 30 minutes by bus(need to do connection).
There are two supermarket, shopping mall, fish and chips, and when you there try Dafinies the Chinese restaurant, is one of the best I have ever had!
If you are after a short stay this place is great, if you need a long term, stop searching now and try your luck, if they have a room available don't think twice, grab it!

Room Tip: I stayed on room number 8 a larger one with basin and two beds facing the backyard and number 5 faci...