“COFFEE ON THE GO”

Underground Cafe Colombo
Ranked #55 of 183 Quick Bites in Christchurch
Description: Nice Lovely set up cafe in central town,We continually seek out high-grade beans from reputable growers around the world. We pre-blend to achieve our distinctive kick-you-in-the-teeth flavour profiles. Then, our patented Civet air roaster roasts those beans to perfection. In Cafe we serve Break Brunch and Lunch and Cabinet food vary from cake slices, scones, muffins and breakfast items.
Reviewed 26 August 2020

This café has the best coffee in town served by friendly staff.There is one female barista there who really goes all out to ensure you have the best coffee experience

Reviewed 8 August 2020

Came in on a busy Tuesday morning. The place was quite busy with a lot of people waiting for their coffee orders. we found ourselves a table in the corner and ordered some pancakes and mixed fruits muesli. Food was very delicious and looked good too. Staff managed hold the fort well despite the busy periods.

Reviewed 8 August 2020

I was visiting the Colombo mall with my family and came across this little cafe. Staff was very friendly and our coffees were served in a timely manner. Coffees were great as well. Well done 👏

Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

I don’t know what has happened to this previously great cafe. In for a simple coffee and ordered at 1.45pm. Sat with allocated number and waited.
It was a quiet end of lunch time but I still waited.
2.10 I needed to get going soon so went to counter and asked for my drink- they had lost my docket (or thrown away after another order).
Good coffee once delivered and offered a scone, but way way too late, especially when their order number was sitting on my table.
Perhaps freak management? But it’s not the cafe it used to be.

Date of visit: August 2020
UndergroundDS, Owner at Underground Cafe Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2020

Hello Steven
We are sorry you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every day.
When went to back to your table and sincerely apologise for that, we offer any compensation could do which you refused to take. But if we were freak management then we would have never bother to feel apology and offer compensation for coffee you purchased. Our team work hard and try to ensure to resolve the matter right away but if customer made their to criticise us on public platform then become challenging for us to resolve the matter. We always work hard and keep our team trained to keep our reputation high in market. Hopefully you will give us another chance to imporve and make your expereince memorable.

Regards
Underground Team

Reviewed 2 July 2020 via mobile

Called in for coffee 10 min later I asked where my coffee was didnt seem to know what day it was. 5 min later I said you have been serving all takeaway coffees before me I said I'll have my money back thanks. No sorry about that. If you want terrible service go there

Date of visit: July 2020

Hello Mike
Really apologise for you recent experience. We remember your feedback therefore I would like to clarify few things here. Our team always give their best to achieve customers expectations but if we having unexpected busy coffee day where we are going through hundreds of coffees in an hour then operation can be challenging to meet everyone expectations efficient manner.First of all we firmly believes you have over extracted your review, your order was 8 min late only as it has been reported in our daily log book record, means time you placed your ordered and waited for coffee. But our team always strive their best to resolve the matter on ground therefore we refunded your money right away as compensation for drink that you felt came late. So We don't comprehend here that why would you like to leave harsh feedback when we refunded your money even our team offered your coffee on house. I could see your mostly negative criticising trip advisor reviews on various hospitality outlets. If you really considering someone as terrible service then that outlet won't offer refund and keep the money with just apology because anyway you will be giving horrible review even after your refund of your purchase.

Regards