“Wonderful restaurant ”
Review of Strawberry Fare

Strawberry Fare
Ranked #2 of 34 Dessert in Christchurch
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2023 via mobile

Think we had the best seats in the restaurant, corner by the window. Some other tables are close together due to size of restaurant. The mains we all devious and the desert menu was to die for! Friendly staff. Great experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2023

Went to eat dinner here with older relatives. Was excellent. Best steak we've had for a long time! Fabulous service. Fantastic deserts, they are known for them. Brief wine list but enough choice. All up terrific...well except for parking!!

Reviewed 13 March 2023 via mobile

I was last here 8 years ago and it was just as I remembered. Simply amazing food. Loved the atmosphere too. Casual but yet refined. I had the beef fillet and it was just a perfect slab of meat. Perfectly prepared, with the juices oozing out with each bite of this tender delight. I am definitely popping by here in future should I come by Christchurch again!

Reviewed 27 February 2023 via mobile

We had dinner at this restaurant and while I think it is probably a three and and half I would like to explain my low ranking

The entra’s and bread were lovely however I had the duck as a main course . This lacked the flavour that I expected. The potatoes looked and tasted ordinary and the beans still had there ends on them which made for a rather disappointing outcome . For me this was not worth the money I paid for . My wife and a couple of friends had the steak which they said were lovely so may be I was unlucky,

The service was interesting. Plates were put in the centre for us to sort out and the wine likewise. This was a first for me in this sort of restaurant Water seemed hard to get . A friend arrives late ordered food but instead of arriving at the same time it arrived about 10min early than everyone else . Of course that created a social experiment with his food getting cold and not eaten .

I do understand the challenges around staff but when you are paying good money you still expert a certain
basic level and this restaurant did not add up to that level.

Date of visit: February 2023
Reviewed 7 February 2023 via mobile

The place is fantastic and great ambiance. The food is great too. The only reason why such a poor rating by me was that we had ordered steak as one of the mains and something was off and I decided to fix it by requesting them to add some more
of the sauce . GUESS WHAT I WAS TOLD! I need to pay extra for that sauce. REALLY! That’s the attitude of the owner or chef. To pay extra for a dish that is not up to the mark…
I hope they remember that F & B is a competitive market and usually once a guest is put off the word spreads as it will though my review.
I would not go back this visit or anynotherZ I also do not recommend the restaurant if you are looking for a nice chilled evening. Remember there are great options in Christchurch.

Date of visit: February 2023