“Really nice food and place”

Mumbaiwala Indian Street Kitchen
Reserve a table
Ranked #14 of 1,225 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed 21 March 2021

The ambiance gives you such a special Indian vibe (the train sound in the toilet is 1 of the many touches).
Friendly service and SPICY good food. Our chicken Biryani, Murgh tikka , Squid Bhajee and Kulcha were delicious.

Date of visit: July 2020

Reviewed 18 March 2021

If you haven't tried this place yet, as I hadn't, then I would encourage you to do so. Had been recommended by friends to go there and we were not disappointed. The variety of dishes and tastes set this place apart from most Indian resturants where many of the dishes seem to be made out of the same base sauce. The starters were the real star of the show with some incrediable combinations of flavors and ingrediants. The place has a great atmosphere and the food as far as Indian is concerned is second to none. The only negative is that this is getting on the expensive side for Indian food but as the food was so good it helped lessen the shock!!

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 14 March 2021 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food and cocktail. Standout was the cauliflower manchurian, superb. Wait staff were friendly and not invasive. The only reason I didn't give five stars was the fact that I had to ask for the discount on the vegan food. I then got asked if I have a vegan diet. I do, however I don't think that's relevant to the restaurants deal of 20% off vegan food on Mondays. Then the waitress had to go and consult with other staff before applying the discount. Please don't offer these deals if your staff don't know the deal, as it makes for an uncomfortable experience and puts a downer on what was a lovely experience prior to payment.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 9 March 2021 via mobile

High standard of service, exceptional food. Generous tasty servings, reasonably priced! When visiting Christchurch I always visit this restaurant, on my favourite list. Thank you.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Kiwichick-NZ
Reviewed 26 February 2021

Mumbaiwala has been our favourite restaurant in Christchurch for years for so many reasons. The food is always delicious, and the service is spectacular. My partner had a birthday and we were given a chocolate naan to share thanks to a delightful server who arranged it as a surprise! A really magical dining experience every time.

Date of visit: February 2021